Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Feature Request: LivePaint / Paint Bucket tool

Quote Originally Posted by MarkMyWords View Post

We have all seen some of the amazing 'paintings' created with Xtreme and all in vectors. As a bitmap based illustrator I would love to be able to move entirely to vector art, specifically to Xtreme, but no matter how vector enthusiasts cut it , bitmap programmes have some better functions.

Xtreme is easy and intuitve to use, until you try to 'fill' spaces, 'airbrush' within a masked area, erase or create complex and natural brushes. Are these things beyond a vector programme?

Anyone must see the advantages of a vector fill tool. Especially those who are cartoonists or create lots of line drawings.
    Oh YES! YES! YES!

Give me but these 2 things:

a 'magic' eraser to erase within boundaries and a means to fill spaces within boundaries -
    and I could as good as throw photoshop in the bin.

Sort the brushes - ditto painter

ah is it that long to Christmas

EDIT - oh I almost forgot - being able to select a named color value within a bitmap - that would be really nice too [sigh]

Quote Originally Posted by remi View Post
    The art is, to implement these functions in such a way that they offers the upsetting advantages of a vector graphic: editable and scalable all the time.

I'm not sure, which software company is able to go the next step into this direction.

Remi
    Remi

yes indeed.
    I was reminded elsewhere that psp9[jasc] is very good at editable/scalable/zoomable.
    Last edited by handrawn; 18 April 2007 at 02:33 PM.
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...