Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Book Page Numbers

If you want page 9 to show as page 1, you should perhaps have made it page 1 by dividing the book into two separate files, and combining the two in one PDF.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    Unfortunately, no. I want page 9 to show as page 1. Covering the numbers would still leave page 9 as showing '9'.

Default Re: Book Page Numbers

Quote Originally Posted by lex View Post
    If you want page 9 to show as page 1, you should perhaps have made it page 1 by dividing the book into two separate files, and combining the two in one PDF.
    Yes, I'm looking at using a PDF editor to look after the final touches as much out of curiosity than anything else.

I don't intend on doing books in the future, but it's good to play with something new and gain experience. I have no doubt that there are better tools out there, but I have to say Xara did a grand job of it.

I didn't have the know how. The Word docs were in different formats, fonts generally mismatched, but I found it easy enough to end up with a decent result in the end. The hardest part was working out that Word anchors everything (especially photos) and moving a line of text is the equivalent of releasing the 4 Horsemen. Gaps appear, photos dive for cover on a completely new page, titles give up the will to live and implode. I ended up simply copying every photo I came across, adding text repel and I was back in control.

Selecting all the text on each section and making sure the line spacing, paragraph spacing and font details were all the same was also a must and easily accomplished. Once again, Xara may not the best tool, but certainly capable and I'd do the same again without any trepidation.