Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Problem with table text hyperlinks in Web Designer 16

Thanks again. Just downloaded and installed the latest update and disappointed to discover this problem persists. It's tedious rather than anything else, but the workaround does involve maintaining an installed copy of Web Designer Premium 15.

Quote Originally Posted by The Brambler View Post
    Thanks again. Just downloaded and installed the latest update and disappointed to discover this problem persists. It's tedious rather than anything else, but the workaround does involve maintaining an installed copy of Web Designer Premium 15.
    Do keep nagging. Although the table fixes in v16.1 are mostly to be good, they still have issues around usability and ultimately HTML screen-reading.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This should be fixed in the upcoming hotfix.

Thanks
    Rob

Patch should be released now. If you go to Help > Check for updates, update to 16.1.1 and try adding a link to a table now it should work.

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Patch should be released now. If you go to Help > Check for updates, update to 16.1.1 and try adding a link to a table now it should work.
    Thanks Rob
    Rob thank you. I have checked with web and email links - all fine.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Thank you - just installed the fix the and problem does indeed seem to have been resolved. Many thanks for sorting this out.

Following the latest update to version 16.2.0.56957 I am dismayed to discover that this problem has recurred. I now find that none of my new links in tables work - and, what's more, adding a new line of text including a link deactivates all the older links in the relevant table.

To check I created a new table, added a line of text including a link and previewed it - it does not work; it just appears like a line or ordinary text.

I am going to have to redesign the page without a table which is extremely boring.

I've logged this as a critical bug to be fixed in the upcoming patch. Apologies for the inconvenience caused.

Any estimate on when the patch will be released? I've been waiting for over 3 weeks now. Alternatively, how can I downgrade my version to 16.1? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by yeohray View Post
    Any estimate on when the patch will be released? I've been waiting for over 3 weeks now. Alternatively, how can I downgrade my version to 16.1? Thanks.
    Xara's version update batting average is 150 days. Xara rarely outputs bug fix versions. Xara is talking about a v17.0 release. Xara has stopped publishing prior versions since v12.4.1.

I think we are going to endure another 60 days minimum and if a major version comes instead, who knows?

Acorn