Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Default Re: What website features would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Forgot to mention these:
    1) Image tag should be fixed. Right now image name is applied to desktop and not the mobile version.
    2) Push feature should have a default value to be applied to everything created. Avoids us repeating this step for everything.
    1) Kinda on my list, or at least should be a side effect of the removal of duplicate code / SEO improvements I have on my list.
    2) This is a hard one, as templates should by default have push applied throughout although it's not fully understood by new users who may add something and wonder why they can't move it up the page or it's effect on all the other objects either. I don't know whether this would be a case of somehow showing users the controls or implementing it in a more user friendly way...

Thanks Rob, you have always been helpful.

Way back on page 1 I had the idea of 'zones' [3) A Header and Footer section like Word. Anything in a resizable area would repeat on all pages and be sticky.]
    The new smart shapes and the way text resizes within them etc. etc. pretty much covers my thoughts. The auto repeat/sticky is also so insignificant as to not give it thought now as well.

I know my idea was a top priority and you set on extra staff to work on it, but they can stand down now.

I would love to see a decent navigation solution for Mobile devices.

The current Nav Bar option leaves a lot to be designed in terms of design options and font limitations, though I think you indicated that the font issue is being looked into.

And these is something not right about when you add a page for a mobile site it gets added to the main variant and if you delete one, it deletes the other.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I would love to see a decent navigation solution for Mobile devices.
    + 1 for this. I'd like to be able to drop a "hamburger" navigation button on a mobile variant page without having to build it from scratch.

= Steve

We do have some early concepts for better mobile and main navbars (in line with improving it all generally), including ones that drop down / up or when swiping from the sides to bring up a menu. It's certainly something in the works.

A check box on the Nav Bar for Mobile. Otherwise by default the Nav Bar would have all pages on the primary level.

If Mobile is checked then the buttons would nest under the HOME button.

What website features would you like to see in the future?
    Brave question Rob and some excellent suggestions here already but for me I'd like to see some outstanding issues resolved:

1: Maintenance of personalised UI's between upgrades. (Particularly the right click / menu to set line colour!!!!)
    2: Solving of the problem of the long delay (5 seconds) in opening Utilities / Options window. (And don't even dare to go to the Internet tab)
    3: The Page Shadow option. Page shadow is fine by me on a document but I definitely don't want one on my websites. You can set it to None but the minute you drag & drop a colour onto the page the shadow reappears.
    4: "Filename = xxx" is useless on website variants! We should be able to name images, not use numbers.
    5: Why are we still reliant on XaReg. These features should be inbuilt into current Xara programs.

There's obviously more but the issues above remain unresolved
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 10 March 2019 at 05:56 AM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Brave question Rob and some excellent suggestions here already but for me I'd like to see some outstanding issues resolved:

1: Maintenance of personalised UI's between upgrades. (Particularly the right click / menu to set line colour!!!!)
    2: Solving of the problem of the long delay (5 seconds) in opening Utilities / Options window. (And don't even dare to go to the Internet tab)
    3: The Page Shadow option. Page shadow is fine by me on a document but I definitely don't want one on my websites. You can set it to None but the minute you drag & drop a colour onto the page the shadow reappears.
    4: "Filename = xxx" is useless on website variants! We should be able to name images, not use numbers.
    5: Why are we still reliant on XaReg. These features should be inbuilt into current Xara programs.

There's obviously more but the issues above remain unresolved
    1) Yea I think this has been suggested and a report has been made, will take a look where this is at.
    2) I can ask about it, I didn't realise it took you 5 secs to open up the options dialog. It loads in about a second for me.
    3) I'm sure this is logged somewhere, I'll take a look and see if it can be pushed higher.
    4) I think this is mentioned earlier as part of the SEO improvements.
    5) Which settings in particular are you referring to?

Thanks
    Rob

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    1) Yea I think this has been suggested and a report has been made, will take a look where this is at.
    Out of the blue last night, when I tried to invoke the Online Conent catalogue, if failed demanding the Local Designs gallery had to be activated. It already was and I could only rest my Control Bars to get it back again. Any mechanism to save and load UI set-ups will be appreciated.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat