Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Full width Slidshow ?

Nobbyy, not sure if you are still interested in a stretching and clipping slideshow. Anyway, here is how I did it.
    The slideshow itself is based on work of Acorn (see this thread) and created in a separate document.
    If you want to use links on elements in the slideshow to open in the main window (what a visitor would probably expect) then you have to set the 'Open link' attribute in the link properties to 'Parent frame(_parent)'.
    On the main document you will find a customized version of the stretching code (at the page head) that limits the height of the stretched content to that of the used placeholder.
    Other than in the previous examples the placeholder doesn't have a name applied, the class name (which is used by the code in the page header) is set at an inner DIV in the placeholder body code:
    Code:
    <div class="xw_stretch" style="width: 2000px; overflow: hidden;">
    <iframe src="slideshow.htm" frameborder="0" width="2000" height="300"></iframe>
    </div>
    You can see two width values both set to 2000 and a hight value set to 300 in this example. These values have to match the dimensions of your slideshow document page.
    And off course the src value has to match the name of the exported slideshow sub site.
    You can see the result online here.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Great solution siran!

Thanks Gary, but as I mentioned Acorn has done the thinking. I just struggled with this damn IFRAME not wanting to be clipped.
    Maybe I should have mentioned that the slideshow allows to define the display time per slide. In the site head code
    Code:
    <script>
    sDispTimes=new Array(10,8,9,11);
    function sswitch(){
    var n=xr_curp+1;
    if (n==xr_spapn)n=0;
    xr_spapp(n);
    setTimeout(sswitch,sDispTimes[n%sDispTimes.length]*1000);
    }
    setTimeout(sswitch,sDispTimes[0]*1000);
    </script>
    in the line
    sDispTimes=new Array(10,8,9,11);
    the time a slide is displayed is defined in seconds (including the transition time). If you want all slides be displayed for the same time you only need to put one number there...
    The mechanism is that if you have more slides than the number of numbers specified there then it begins to read from start again (slide 1, 5, 9 displayed for 10 seconds, slide 2,6,10 displayed for 8 seconds...).

Hi Siran

Many thanks for taking the time to work on this - I will try your solution out - no doubt I will have some more questions, hope you don't mind!

Happy to help, just ask please.

Quote Originally Posted by siran View Post
    Happy to help, just ask please.
    Hi Everyone, haven't posted for ages.

I have used your code but the slider takes a long while to load even with as few as four images sized at 1400 px wide. It loads to half the screen first which I dont like and nor probably the client.
    I can put a nice note in the placeholder but , is there a fix ? See attached.Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2016-10-15 08.44.24.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	114629

RedTel
    Giving a choice on Crete.

Hi RedTel,

Without reading the whole thread again I believe Siran's slideshow is loaded into an iframe on the main site. Your slideshow doesn't appear to use this method, so I wouldn't expect that bit of code to work as expected.

siran, is there a way to have the images loaded top centre or bottom?
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host