Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Tutorial forWheels

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hi again, yes but I still have two change the line spacing to get it to do what your one did, only pressing enter once, it puts it much lower then you're one which is why I have to use the line spacing.
    Regarding the other comment, every time I make it new project that's what happens, I've deleted the text cannot get rid of the animation, when I open up the program it starts off with animation in and out, I've tried everything to delete the animation which is what you are seeing at the back of that circle if that makes sense
    it is the 3-D cinema new feature that was in this version, I don't like it at all the scrolling text in and out up-and-down sideways.
    Any suggestions on how I can delete everything to have a new project?
    I will try to attempt text eventually, I was not sure what it meant by the group in one of your previous mentions above.
    Anyway it least we have got there to make a double sided circle with pictures, I want to make a square one because most of the pictures I have two are just the texture size which is a good feature someone gave me through the forum.
    I hope you understand what I'm talking about that circle with the other piece behind it like a half Moon.
    Regards Mark
    regarding that other comment I'm pretty sure that is extrusion off memory, I just want to be able to have a blank document with no animation no text, I can't get rid of the text but the only way to get rid of the animation is to stop it.
    Still do not know what have to use line spacing to get to achieve your results one circle above each other.
    Also regarding text because when you create a circle it is black in graphic designer to you have to change the colour of the circle or the colour of the text that was another question I forgot because the circle is black when created if it makes sense, sorry for all the problems appreciate all your help regards Mark
    IP

regarding that other comment I'm pretty sure that is extrusion off memory, I just want to be able to have a blank document with no animation no text, I can't get rid of the text but the only way to get rid of the animation is to stop it.
    Uncheck the text and lights boxes in the animation window

Also regarding text because when you create a circle it is black in graphic designer to you have to change the color of the circle or the color of the text that was another question I forgot because the circle is black when created if it makes sense, sorry for all the problems
    Select your shape and click on the color you want on the color line or on the color selector in the bottom left corner (to choose any color you want) and make sure current fill color is what you are changing. Same is true for the text, also same when changing line color except choose (current line color)). To clear the line or the fill colors,right click brings up a menuasking which to clear but, left clicking clears the fil . When you copy and paste into Xara 3D Maker 7 the fill and texture will be the last one you were using when you closed the program.
    X3D6 does not do have that handy feature.
    I don't know about XPGD but I assume the same is true if you are using the current version, then the last fill you use will be the same on your next fill until you change it.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Uncheck the text and lights boxes in the animation window

Select your shape and click on the color you want on the color line or on the color selector in the bottom left corner (to choose any color you want) and make sure current fill color is what you are changing. Same is true for the text, also same when changing line color except choose (current line color)). To clear the line or the fill colors,right click brings up a menuasking which to clear but, left clicking clears the fil . When you copy and paste into Xara 3D Maker 7 the fill and texture will be the last one you were using when you closed the program.
    X3D6 does not do have that handy feature.
    I don't know about XPGD but I assume the same is true if you are using the current version, then the last fill you use will be the same on your next fill until you change it.
    just a quick reply, have not done anything could squares, can try to update it some problems, but will be around to it apologise for that after all your homework, what was the removal check from the text and lights for?
    I will get men to the squares on the weekend most likely if not sooner, I really want to make the squares because a lot of the pictures fit into it better than the circles so hence my urgency,I was looking at the previous post on the previous page looking for the question I just asked about text and lights and saw you mention you can make different items with different tools, so sorry about the question previously, but I could not get it to work so just had to ask and I only found it now.
    I'm so sorry for not getting to do your squares after all your hard work and persistence with me.
    There are just not enough hours in the day from when I stay awake to do everything also tried to get the IT course done.
    Anyway appreciate your help greatly and so sorry to keep troubling you.
    I like the way it auto saves as well on this website, good feature.
    Regards Mark
    IP

just a quick reply, have not done anything could squares, can try to update it some problems, but will be around to it apologise for that after all your homework, what was the removal check from the text and lights for?
    I will get men to the squares on the weekend most likely if not sooner, I really want to make the squares because a lot of the pictures fit into it better than the circles so hence my urgency,I was looking at the previous post on the previous page looking for the question I just asked about text and lights and saw you mention you can make different items with different tools, so sorry about the question previously, but I could not get it to work so just had to ask and I only found it now.
    I'm so sorry for not getting to do your squares after all your hard work and persistence with me.
    There are just not enough hours in the day from when I stay awake to do everything also tried to get the IT course done.
    Anyway appreciate your help greatly and so sorry to keep troubling you.
    I like the way it auto saves as well on this website, good feature.
    Regards Mark
    while I still had 3D open I made to squares in graphic designer, one red and one blue, I copied them into xara, they were not coloured unless I missed a step as I did it very quickly, cannot see very good too much computer, I had to cover them in Xara, they are both showing up and rotating red and blue, that's a good step, will try a texture of picture tomorrow will I can see better.
    Should the squares come into Xara coloured from graphic designer?
    At least I was able to achieve the squares, unbelievable you can spend all day tried to do something then the first time you try it bang anyway and will wait for your reply regarding colours, regards Mark
    IP

I admire your persistence Mark. I don't think you messed up. The object copied in Designer and pasted in X3D will not be colored until you color it or them. I was using Xara 3D Makwer 7 and they were because that version remembers the previous file and uses that information unless you have opened a new file with the default screen. I have a custom startup screen, textured and animated so when I paste the object it has the texture, and background color I had applied to my default screen so I always have to change everything to what I want at the time.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    I admire your persistence Mark. I don't think you messed up. The object copied in Designer and pasted in X3D will not be colored until you color it or them. I was using Xara 3D Makwer 7 and they were because that version remembers the previous file and uses that information unless you have opened a new file with the default screen. I have a custom startup screen, textured and animated so when I paste the object it has the texture, and background color I had applied to my default screen so I always have to change everything to what I want at the time.
    while I was bloody determined to get it because it will save so much time making a banner, instead of having to do two I can put a photo on one side and a photo on the other side.
    And sometimes I make up to 12 at the time it will cut down immensely and look much better.
    Also you did not mention about why it to turn off text and lights. Just wondering what it was in aid of, something to do with the question I asked possibly.
    While at least we got there in the end which is all that counts and thank you feel persistence in helping me, you have been very kind to donate your time to my stupid requests.
    I know and the people could probably make it quickly but this program has so many potential which I never knew about and still learning about.
    The next thing I will tackle will be text on the emoticon.

I am truly indebted to your persistence and as I said in the last post some days you can spend ages trying to do it and then like last night when I can hardly see the screen from overuse it went straight away and worked.
    Now I want to learn the other features in graphic designer and also Web design premium.
    I thought it would be easy when I looked at the demonstration video on how to do stuff before I purchased it but it's not as easy as it's made out to be really
    I don't know why they made the background dark, makes it very hard to read (talking about graphic designer and Web designer)
    I just want to be able to make it standard banner that some people would make as there is websites available also that you can make for free but they are limited.
    Anyway thanks a lot again if you can tell me why it were needed to turn off text and lights, regards Mark
    IP

Turning the lights off may not be necessary Mark, however if the text is not animating and the lights are then you would notice the lighting changing on the text even though the text itself is not animated.
    I just checked this out and it is very noticeable at least on the one I have set up.

Open the attachment below, the text is not animating because I unchecked the animate text box but the lights are. That is why I suggested you un-check both text and lights.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	larry 3.gif 
Views:	181 
Size:	927.6 KB 
ID:	93498
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP