Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Pop Up form to join email newsletter - possible in Xara Web Designer Premium??

Hello...missed you all. Haven't been working lately.
    I was asked if I could make one of those annoying pop ups on a home page where you opt in to join a newsletter. Is it possible to do this in Xara or what would I need to know?

They use Vertical Response as their choice of newsletters sent out, if that matters.

Thanks bunches, in advance, all wise ones!

Sue

Info Re: Pop Up form to join email newsletter - possible in Xara Web Designer Premium??

Quote Originally Posted by SueB View Post
    Hello...missed you all. Haven't been working lately.
    I was asked if I could make one of those annoying pop ups on a home page where you opt in to join a newsletter. Is it possible to do this in Xara or what would I need to know?
    They use Vertical Response as their choice of newsletters sent out, if that matters.
    Thanks bunches, in advance, all wise ones!
    Sue
    Sue, this is two parts.

The first is to get a pop-up in your face.
    Tranquility.xar
    This has a small snippet of code in the Page body that is look for the Name blob on a layer called Blob.

The second part is harder without more information.
    If the yellow 'here' was a link and it opened an new web page, would you have a code snippet for a Placeholder for the punter to sign up?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Pop Up form to join email newsletter - possible in Xara Web Designer Premium??

I believe what the client wants is something like this....only to fill it out on your "blob." When I tried yours, it was just there on the page and didn't "pop up." I believe that the company they use would possibly have a sign up form of some type....but I have never used Vertical Response myself.

Default Re: Pop Up form to join email newsletter - possible in Xara Web Designer Premium??

I believe what the client wants is something like this....only to fill it out on your "blob." When I tried yours, it was just there on the page and didn't "pop up." I believe that the company they use would possibly have a sign up form of some type....but I have never used Vertical Response myself.
    Sue, on the button, change the transition for Pop-up layer for Blob to Fade in and 5 seconds.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Sue, until I have an idea of what the form is, I cannot help further.

The 'here' click can open another layer with the form on it and close nasty blob.

Acorn

Info Re: Pop Up form to join email newsletter - possible in Xara Web Designer Premium??

Thanks so much, Acorn. That's perfect!!!!

I found this info on the Vertical Response website. Do I need to go further as to which form they want to use?
    https://helpcenter.verticalresponse....Sign-Up-Forms/

Sue

Thanks so much, Acorn. That's perfect!!!!
    I found this info on the Vertical Response website. Do I need to go further as to which form they want to use? https://helpcenter.verticalresponse....Sign-Up-Forms/
    Sue
    Sue, let's assume you or your client have designed the sign-up form then this page explains to us embed is code.

For Xara, you would draw a big rectangle and add the code to the Placeholder code (body).
    https://helpcenter.verticalresponse....RelatedArticle

acorn

Perfect. Thanks so much.
    If I do the website for them, will let you know if I need more assistance, but I think I've got this one!

Sue