Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Licence

Bug Licence

Dear Xara...

I really do want to read the licence.rtf in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Designer Pro X\12\ or ...\15\ or ...\16\.
    It is unreadable too in C:\Program Files\Xara\Xara Web Designer Premium\.

Bug - In all cases the file open up into:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Screenshot 2019-11-25 15.20.28.png 
Views:	159 
Size:	22.1 KB 
ID:	125784

It then fails in MS Word; other 'DTP' packages also fail: Xara fails to accept it as RTF! Update: it locks the application - cheers.

Can this be rectified? You have had since 13 April 2016 to get this right.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: Licence

the license is also there as a TXT document - possibly easier to read if you copy that text into a blank word doc [no spacing style], but still not formatted that well

it does look sloppy
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    the license is also there as a TXT document - possibly easier to read if you copy that text into a blank word doc [no spacing style], but still not formatted that well it does look sloppy
    Nope, I want Word so I can perform DIFFs on different versions. Xara wants to get it right as it is its licence. Not having your Customer being able to read a legal document is not going to be much of an excuse.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

maybe they would prefer you not to
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Nope, I want Word so I can perform DIFFs on different versions. Xara wants to get it right as it is its licence. Not having your Customer being able to read a legal document is not going to be much of an excuse.

Acorn
    With some/most decent text editors you can perform diffs on the text versions. Notepad++ can even do so.

Not saying they need to use a proper rtf file...they should.

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    With some/most decent text editors you can perform diffs on the text versions. Notepad++ can even do so.
    Not saying they need to use a proper rtf file...they should.
    I have Notepad++ and use that already but MS Word highlighting is more visual.

Acorn

logged as DDES-16368, I don't actually know what we use to produce the license file but it's the first I've seen anyone complain. Show's how many people read the license I guess lol.

not many I would think...
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    logged as DDES-16368, I don't actually know what we use to produce the license file but it's the first I've seen anyone complain. Show's how many people read the license I guess lol.
    Thanks ROB, didn't thank you sooner as Broadband was dead. I would appreciate the prior versions to be rescued as well.

Acorn

Quick workaround: open it in a plaintext editor (Notepad for example), and delete the "u" in the first tag (\urtf1). Save it.