Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: hi

Wink hi

Just wanted to say hi.

Xara is really some nice software.

Best regards

Default Re: hi

Hi

May we know what Xara product you are referring to?

Yes, of course. Xara Designer - I was using the 'light' and the '... Pro' version some time ago. And I have watched on Youtube how it evolved or emerged (sorry, I'm no native english speaker) from Artworks on the Acorn platform.

I'm fascinated by it and .. what can I say ... I was also worried at some time, when I had the feeling that on xara.com it became a part of a cloud software, not so prominently speaking about the workflow as it happens on the computer.

That was just a thought. I mean, I don't know about this market. I'm just so curious about the beginnings and the whereabouts of Xara. My version was on a CD, the 'Photo and Graphics' version. I frankly lost it and I also don't know about the Magix thing I once had.

Anyway, I cannot select things in Illustrator. I don't understand why and when in Corel Draw liners become and behave like shapes.

So all I was ever able to happily use was Xara.

Best regards

Thank you. Several years ago, Xara was acquired by Magix but Xara continues to develop the product. There is now Designer Pro X, which is pretty much handled by Magix, and Designer Pro+ that is updated and developed by Xara. Pro+ is both a cloud based and a desktop app. I have Designer Pro+ but I just use it on my computer. The cloud version is good for people who collaborate with others and need to share files.

I hope this helps.