Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Wink Re: The August Tips and Tricks discussion

I made the animated flag by using the techniques you outlined in the "An Experiment in Photographic Special Effects" article. First I created the flag object and gave it a name (which you must do to animate something in Xara) and then I used the Mold tool as you outlined in your article to change the shape of the flag in a series of frames. I am sure that if I played around with it a little more, I could get it to go a little smoother but I was trying to learn how to do something like this and thought it came out as "acceptable". I also got some ideas on the subject from another tutorial I had watched (can not remember who wrote it) about a bouncing ball. This was my first real attempt at animation using the PGD tool. I am attachig the .xar file if anyone wants to see how it works.

BTW: I think the subject of animation would be a good thread. I would like to see some type of enhancements in the Xara products for animation and even some combination of the PGD and Xara 3D to strengthen what could be done.
    Attached Files Attached Files