Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default For Database feature

Hi guys,

I always worried about Xara not having a database. Came upon this, see link below. Some of
    the wizards here can tell if it is a good thing to use with xara? The free account, is it useful? If so for
    what kind of database?

https://www.caspio.com/

Default Re: For Database feature

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Hi guys,

I always worried about Xara not having a database. Came upon this, see link below. Some of
    the wizards here can tell if it is a good thing to use with xara? The free account, is it useful? If so for
    what kind of database?

https://www.caspio.com/
    No, I wouldn't shake a stick at it. Too corporate.
    They have probably built a front-end around Amazon's products.

Get a server provider with cPanel and you get MySQL for free.
    There are lots of PHP solutions where you could leverage into a static Xara website.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Ok Acorn, if one day I need to hire someone to do this, can i call on you? Or others here that an help?

Ok Acorn, if one day I need to hire someone to do this, can i call on you? Or others here that an help?
    I have been an ORACLE dBA and built and designed for SQLServer and converted hundreds of MS Access applications but I am no expert, I just know the shape of data and how to manipulate it. I know when it's a wrong un but getting a fully resilient, industry-strength database on-line is no simple task.

You would need to have a really clear scope before I would consider any such request.

Regrets,
    Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Yes thanks. Would you recommend wordpress if such needs arise and not xara? COnsidering there are million plugins for wp.

Yes thanks. Would you recommend wordpress if such needs arise and not xara? COnsidering there are million plugins for wp.
    No I can't until you describe what you want.

Acorn

Well for now it was a curiosity thing. Once time comes I will let you know for sure.

You need to ask yourself what you need to achieve first, what type of application do you need and then more than likely there is already software out there that already uses a database to do what you need. So for websites you might be looking for a CMS and not really a database tool unless you wanted to create an application from scratch with your own custom database structure. But yeah agree with Acorn, most hosting providers provide free databases with their hosting and many existing website applications are built to use the databases available on your hosting so would probably recommend that route instead. The Caspio tool looks interesting but the pricing looks like it's not aimed at web devs that want economically handle many sites for clients. The basic at $59 per month only allows a measly 5 data pages. And free only 3. It's probably a good tool for enterprise level corps that wants to handle their own custom data applications on a handfull of websites.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Thank you xtom that was a good explanation.