Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Site fonts created using Xara Web Designer Prem not being correctly shown on inte

Attach one of your xar/web files and I'll post it to my server to prove it's not a Xara issue Philip.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Default Re: Site fonts created using Xara Web Designer Prem not being correctly shown on inte

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Philip, are you aware your site is not accessible at present?
    Thanks for letting me know.
    Now I can't upload using WebPlus.
    If I was being paranoid, I'd say it was because I changed the font to Georgia.
    Now I've changed back to Arial and hey-ho

Attach one of your xar/web files and I'll post it to my server to prove it's not a Xara issue Philip.
    That's good of you - but being thick I don't know how.
    It can't be by using the 'Insert image' icon.
    I see that there's an attached file here of the url of a page - but that's useless because its from the server and everything is in Ariel.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Sorry, I've been out.
    Here you go:
    LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Sorry, I've been out.
    Here you go:
    LINK
    Well I'm blowed!!!!!
    So to recap, you've uploaded that file to your server and it's showing the Georgia font and using bold and italics.
    So it's down to my server then?
    I'll give 'em what for.

I'm so grateful for this. Thanks for going the extra!

Arrow Re: Site fonts created using Xara Web Designer Prem not being correctly shown on inte

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The simplest way to prove all this is to upload your design file to TG.
    If too precious/sensitive, I can make private arrangements or you can share through Dropbox or other Cloud mechanism.
    I did suggest this @Post#3.

I think you need to review your design files as you seem to have created a dog's dinner in the published space.
    @Post#6.

Thanks Egg for running with it.

@Philip - Xara can handle 270 pages but is happier with chunking into logical/semantic design files as these are quick are easier to maintain.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

[QUOTE=Acorn;632065]I did suggest this @Post#3.

You did indeed, Acorn. I registered this, but didn't know how to do it. It was only by a fluke that I got the right file to Egg.

Update.
    Armed with proof that the problem is a server prob and not scripting, I've been wrestling with guys at Fasthosts. Get this! One suggested they transfer my account from an old server to another newer server - with no guarantee that this will work. It would involve upping the fee charged. I'm digging my heels in. Why should I pay more when the problem is theirs.
    This has caused me so much stress over the last few days, and it's a bit of a relief that it seems to be not all down to my incompetence. Having said that, @Acorn, now I've seen the files in the server, I obviously had some uploading issues in 2015 - hence the dogs dinner of a directory. On that subject, am I right in thinking that everything should be loaded to htdocs? If so, I'll delete the rest. But I sense a word of warning in-bound

Quote Originally Posted by ewraysure View Post
    Update.
    Armed with proof that the problem is a server prob and not scripting, I've been wrestling with guys at Fasthosts. Get this! One suggested they transfer my account from an old server to another newer server - with no guarantee that this will work. It would involve upping the fee charged. I'm digging my heels in. Why should I pay more when the problem is theirs.
    This has caused me so much stress over the last few days, and it's a bit of a relief that it seems to be not all down to my incompetence. Having said that, @Acorn, now I've seen the files in the server, I obviously had some uploading issues in 2015 - hence the dogs dinner of a directory. On that subject, am I right in thinking that everything should be loaded to htdocs? If so, I'll delete the rest. But I sense a word of warning in-bound
    Philip, it is difficult to say as I have no account with fasthosts.

Its FTP video seems fairly clear - https://youtu.be/zGrlL2mvOBc?t=73 - states you FTP to htdocs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Philip, it is difficult to say as I have no account with fasthosts.
    Its FTP video seems fairly clear - https://youtu.be/zGrlL2mvOBc?t=73 - states you FTP to htdocs.
    Acorn
    Once again your expertise comes up trumps. There's a lot to (carefully) delete in that directory.
    I'm being bounced back to the engineers armed with that Egg file reference