Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: XDPX Version Confusion with Open Files

ok i hear what you say, but if as i suspect the issue is in ver 11 should the company be using resource on this that might be better used elsewhere... it is a very arcane issue only affecting the one version ?
    Last edited by handrawn; 25 February 2020 at 12:47 PM. Reason: on mobile fat fingers
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ok i hear what you say, but if as i suspect the issue is in ver 11 should the company be using resource on this that might be better used elsewhere... it is a very arcane issue only affecting the one version ?
    Not necessarily. It might be a change in v16.3 that impacts backwards to v11 but it might affect future releases. I am pointing out that if you don't know what you have done differently, you cannot understand the unintended consequences. Xara: "I'm sure it doesn't matter." is not an answer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

how many users use more than the latest version they have ?
    Nothing lasts forever...

I do. For my own sanity I generally fire up Xtreme 5 rather than the latest garbage. I find the user interface rather quaint and comforting.
    I really do not like the warning messages that are so prevalent in the later iterations* that are virtually unintelligible and are in fact a hindrance
    to workflow rather than of any practical use.

* I use a version that has the healing tool from time to time, which is actually very good.

@ Acorn - Your unremitting unswervable persistence in the pursuit of a sensible reply from magiXara defies all logic, but I commend you for it.
    Last edited by iamtheblues; 27 February 2020 at 11:46 AM. Reason: addendum for the attention of Acorn
    ** Detailed "Create A Spinning Logo Tutorial" is available in .pdf format for download at this link **
    Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx.

sure bob, you do, acorn does, i do, and quite a few others on this forum i dare say.... but how typical are we

i don' t think we are at all typical... was the forum ever ?

affinity 8 has just come out free for existing customers btw, no update issues, no need to have multiple versions, no need to shout into the void about issues that I can see
    Nothing lasts forever...

affinity 8 has just come out free for existing customers btw, no update issues, no need to have multiple versions, no need to shout into the void about issues that I can see
    Affinity 1.8 delivery and content is simply what Xara is looking in the window at and marveling.

Shame that Betamax was better and lost - Xara is our graphical Betamax!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

you nail your colours too early you take the risk
    Nothing lasts forever...

I also have Xtreme 5 and use it regularly. Wish I had the versions in between as would love to see what is different in them.