Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Nab bar color changes?

After all these years, I can't figure out how to change the color in a nav bar. When I right click on the webpage and then click on "website" there is "website link colors". When I change these to the colors I want then look at it in a test page nothing has changed? Any idea what I'm missing? Todd

Default Re: Nab bar color changes?

If your buttons are set to same size for all buttons, then Ctrl click on the HOME rectangle or text and make your change. The change(s) will be applied to all buttons.

If your buttons are set to adjust to the button text, e.g. HOME vs OUR PRODUCTS and SERVICES then double click on the Nav Bar and select All Buttons the Same Width.

After you have made your changes you can go back into the Nav Bar Properties and uc-check this option.

You will also need to isolate the Mouse Off layer in the Page & Layer Gallery to make these changes to the MouseOff buttons.

Wow why is this so difficult I don't get it. I've only created two pages so far here ... https://museum.tv/great_debate/index.htm (the second page is "Timeline"). I don't have a home button? I'm trying to make the black visited and mouse over button blue.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    If your buttons are set to same size for all buttons, then Ctrl click on the HOME rectangle or text and make your change. The change(s) will be applied to all buttons.

If your buttons are set to adjust to the button text, e.g. HOME vs OUR PRODUCTS and SERVICES then double click on the Nav Bar and select All Buttons the Same Width.

After you have made your changes you can go back into the Nav Bar Properties and uc-check this option.

You will also need to isolate the Mouse Off layer in the Page & Layer Gallery to make these changes to the MouseOff buttons.
    IS THERE ANYWAY i CAN SEND YOU MY WEB FILE SO YOU CAN FIX IT? I've tried everything!!

The first button in the Nav Bar is considered the Home button.

You should be able to upload your file here as an attachment.

Click the Go Advanced button under the message window. Then scroll down to Manage Attachments.

Click Add Files and then Browse to, and select your Xara file. Click Open.

But first try what I suggested with the Timeline button. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle or the text to select one or the other and change the color.

It helps if you isolate the layer in the Page & Layer Gallery by clicking the [S] icon to the right (then click the S icon again to make the other layers visible again.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Isolate layer.png 
Views:	86 
Size:	18.4 KB 
ID:	126910  

The first button in the Nav Bar is considered the Home button.

You should be able to upload your file here as an attachment.

Click the Go Advanced button under the message window. Then scroll down to Manage Attachments.

Click Add Files and then Browse to, and select your Xara file. Click Open.

But first try what I suggested with the Timeline button. Hold down the Ctrl key and click on the rectangle or the text to select one or the other and change the color.

It helps if you isolate the layer in the Page & Layer Gallery by clicking the [S] icon to the right (then click the S icon again to make the other layers visible again.
    Hi GW,

Sorry I'm not seeing the "Go Advanced" button anyplace. I tried what you said, all it does is make the nav bar blue in mouse off. I want it red, and for it to turn blue when a mouse hovers over a page is visited (that tab turns blue). When I follow your instructions it always asks me to "edit the nab bar turn off adjust button width labels" which I do. All I'm doing is changing the nab bar to blue in mouse off, I want it to be red. I want it to turn blue in hover and when a page of the nab bar is visited. Can I send this to you via We Transfer instead? It actually has alot of pages that aren't visible and I'm afraid it's not going to attach.

Todd

Hi GW, finally figured out where "Go Advanced " was. I've deleted all the extra pages so it's now attached here. Can you please fix this for me? Thank-you!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Todd, do you actually need a NavBar if all you are doing is a one click per button service?

Navbar colour changes are usually with Named Colours on the colour bar. Is your NavBar created from fresh?

To change colours otherwise, you Edit the NavBar colours by opening the NavBar Properties dialog and clicking the Ungroup to edit graphics Button.
    Make the colour changes to the left-most button and then select all your buttons and right-click and pick Create Navigation Bar > Create.

Do you know how to create a mouseover button?
    If so make your buttons instead and use those.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

See if this works. It's a .xar file but it will open fine in Web Designer.

What I did is just create a new button as you requested. Both text and button shape grouped for each layer, MouseOff and MouseOver.

These were softgrouped (Arrange > Create Softgroup) and then converted to a Navigation bar with the Nav Bar Tool.

I made the first page HOME and added the two missing pages so the buttons would self generate.
    Attached Files Attached Files

See if this works. It's a .xar file but it will open fine in Web Designer.

What I did is just create a new button as you requested. Both text and button shape grouped for each layer, MouseOff and MouseOver.

These were softgrouped (Arrange > Create Softgroup) and then converted to a Navigation bar with the Nav Bar Tool.

I made the first page HOME and added the two missing pages so the buttons would self generate.
    THANK-YOU!