Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Tutorial forWheels

Quote Originally Posted by wheels View Post
    hello again, I'll try to do the same thing with square but it is not seem to working, is it possible to do?
    I have not done anything about text yet, regards Mark
    Yes it should. If you leave your computer running all the time, perhaps a simple restart may solve the problem. If not you may have other problems somewhere and the software may need to be un-installed
    and re-installed. Are you having problems with any other software, or just XPD and X3D(whatever version)?
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    Yes it should. If you leave your computer running all the time, perhaps a simple restart may solve the problem. If not you may have other problems somewhere and the software may need to be un-installed
    and re-installed. Are you having problems with any other software, or just XPD and X3D(whatever version)?
    no problem of software, I try to do it the same thing as previous, I made a square in photo designer, I copied it into xara and pasted it, I turned the I-beam, press enter, pasted the other square. I selected one of the squares put a picture on it, selected the other square put a picture on it, in between each I was turning the i-beam on and off as previous, even through the instructions again step-by-step I only get one square with one picture, I even did a couple of times and gave up at and send you a message just to make sure you can do a square but I thought it would be able to because your shape was different to a circle so I could not understand why will give it another go after. I got web design also, I don't know how they say it can be so easy, yes if you use one of the templates but they have already got built in graphic, I try to delete it and it left part of it, anyway I will plod on, thank you for the reply you are a champion, hope the family is well regards Mark
    IP

It might look like you are only getting one square if you textured the same image and the same colors on each. If you do not want to animate then only one is needed. One question, when you selected the other shape are you sure it was not the same one? Try this, paste one shape and texture it then paste again and texture that one. When you paste the secone one it might appear with the same texture. Try something simple with no texture, merely changing the color like just one red and one blue or something like that. Now when you animate you should get just a color change.

You did it before it's just that the texture wasn't positioned quite right. Would it help if I or someone else rmade a video to show step by step how to do it? I have never done one before but I could try.

Note: if you pasted one shape in X3D and think you pasted a second, check the text options window and check so you know for sure. If you did you will see your shape, a page break beside it and the second shape below.
    Last edited by wizard509; 08 December 2012 at 11:09 PM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by wizard509 View Post
    It might look like you are only getting one square if you textured the same image and the same colors on each. If you do not want to animate then only one is needed. One question, when you selected the other shape are you sure it was not the same one? Try this, paste one shape and texture it then paste again and texture that one. When you paste the secone one it might appear with the same texture. Try something simple with no texture, merely changing the color like just one red and one blue or something like that. Now when you animate you should get just a color change.

You did it before it's just that the texture wasn't positioned quite right. Would it help if I or someone else rmade a video to show step by step how to do it? I have never done one before but I could try.

Note: if you pasted one shape in X3D and think you pasted a second, check the text options window and check so you know for sure. If you did you will see your shape, a page break beside it and the second shape below.
    hello my friend, thank you for the reply, if you wish to make a video that would be good. Where you have a page break i.e. using the icon in the top right-hand corner or is it the same as doing pressing the enter key having the same effect as using the icon to make a page break?
    I will give it ago after, regards Mark
    IP

As far as I can tell Mark, it does not make any difference, and you will get the same result either way. I did notice that I could select one of the objects in the text options window but still had to use the I-beam to select it to add the texture, otherwise both sides were the same.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

IP