@Acorn

Please correct me if I'm wrong. Magix does not make or change or upgrade Xara desktop. That is done by Xara. Magix distributes and support (problem tickets) the programs - that is all.

Magix has gone for annual updates and a naff Update Service that Xara is probably contractually obliged to uphold.
Not according to the Magix.com website:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	XaraDPX19 on Magix site Update Service.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	76.7 KB 
ID:	133389

Xara has been failing in their obligations to us, the users, who pay for the product, and has abrogated their responsibilities to Magix who can't do anything because Xara does the programming. I expect Xara to come up with at least two new releases (new features) between new versions. They have not. They managed to do it initially. then slowed down until now, whereby we just get a bug patch. This has never been a Magix problem, always a Xara problem and responsibility.

As indicated in the above image, we are supposed to get new features and updates for free for a year. Xara has released new features for the Cloud version but not for the desktop version. If Xara has decided that it no longer wants to publish the desktop versions then tell us. Fix the last bugs (I have 1 that has been annoying me for years) and release a last version. Then bye bye. Those who are satisfied with a Cloud product and a subscription can subscribe; those who don't need it or want it can just keep going with the old desktop version and find something else.

Version 19 was released last March so, as has been mentioned, a new version will likely be released soon.

I expect better.