Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Xara Web Designer Updated

Quote Originally Posted by bkjohns View Post
    I could be wrong on this, but to keep your version 12 you need to select a custom directory when installing or it will overwrite the existing version.
    You are wrong, Xara will now have a 12 and a 15 directory. I did nothing that download and install v15 and I then ran both together.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    I have WDP12 - I haven't downloaded V15, but looking at the Magix "new features" page, they are:
    - 10 Photo filters and overlays - all available in the online content catalogue in v12
    - 1 milion photo and illustrations - I didn't count how many are available under v 12
    - Magic resize - could be useful on occasion
    - Smart shapes - already exist in the content catalogue
    - 24 new web templates - some are quite nice - btw the Music StudioX example shows multiple menus....
    - Panorama photo slider - which I was asking about - assuming the horizontal and vertical dimensions can be changed independently
    - Would love to know how this works:
    Attachment 119376
    Are the above worth a $50 upgrade - IMHO, I don't think so.

Some of the fixes I was hoping for:
    -Fixed the so called "smart photo grids" -pic order on pop-up is really a PITA) -see this post - https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...rt-Photo-Grids
    -Allow drop-down menus to use Google fonts - not just the limited "web safe" ones
    -All software to work on 4k screens
    -The ability to create text slides where the text remains text and is searchable
    Xara and MAGIX have seriously got it wrong for failing to describe how to get your FREE upgrade, if you are withing their 365 program cover.
    Do not pay anything and follow my Post, https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...238#post584238, above.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Thanks. Good to know my batting average hasn't changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Xara and MAGIX have seriously got it wrong for failing to describe how to get your FREE upgrade, if you are withing their 365 program cover.
    Do not pay anything and follow my Post, https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...238#post584238, above.

Acorn
    Many thanks for the detailed instructions Acorn - all worked OK
    BTW, the "Premium advantage: Panorama photo slider" is not in the online gallery??

Many thanks for the detailed instructions Acorn - all worked OK
    BTW, the "Premium advantage: Panorama photo slider" is not in the online gallery??
    You should find it in Components > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows & Galleries, called Xara Slideshow Widget.

Kate Moir

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    • I tried logging into Xara for a list of my bought Xara products and licences - this is now all handled by MAGIX and all are gone.
    That's worrying, you should see the same products in your Service Center that you saw before. In my own account I can see products back to Webstyle 2. I recommend you send a ticket to Sales via xara.com/contact - if you have lost your product record I think Magix support need to take a look at that.

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I tried it and it kind of works.
    Gary I think you're right, the new auto-fit feature will help with creating mobile variants. But I suggest you select 'Auto Fit All Objects' and check the 'width' option in the Auto Fit dialog before creating the variants.

For social media it works really well if, for example, you want to adapt your Facebook post for a post on one or all of the other social media sites, or Cover to Cover, Profile to Profile etc.

Kate

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    You should find it in Components > Image Resources > Photo Slideshows & Galleries, called Xara Slideshow Widget.

Kate Moir
    Thanks Kate - however, it is no longer available in the online gallery of WDP12 - so does this mean that I have to "upgrade" to v15 in order to use it even though it used to be available in v12???

Quote Originally Posted by webmaster View Post
    That's worrying, you should see the same products in your Service Center that you saw before. In my own account I can see products back to Webstyle 2. I recommend you send a ticket to Sales via xara.com/contact - if you have lost your product record I think Magix support need to take a look at that.

Kate
    Cheers Kate, I shall,
    Acorn

Thanks Kate - however, it is no longer available in the online gallery of WDP12 - so does this mean that I have to "upgrade" to v15 in order to use it even though it used to be available in v12???
    I agree, that would be a bad call on Xara's part if it is simply dropped. Until then, as you have access from v15 as you are still in cover with the 365 service, you could download it into your v15 Local Designs gallery and reference it as a Disc design link from v12 to the same location.

Acorn