Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Renewal cost for XWD Premium

The Xara site quotes £39.99 for a contract extension for XWD Premium 365, but mentions:

Valid until April 22, 2018 £30 / A$48 upgrade discount Included as part of this offer: Photo Manager Deluxe (£34.99 / A$69.99 value) PC Check & Tuning (£39.99 / A$69.99 value) Fastcut (£49.99 / A$99.99 value)
    Read more: https://www.magix.com/gb/web/xara-web-designer/

Does this mean that there's a £30 discount (i.e. the price after 22nd April will be £30 higher) or does it mean that the discounted price is £30? When I try upgrading the system still tries to bill me £39.99. Thanks
    IP

Default Re: Renewal cost for XWD Premium

Quote Originally Posted by yjs View Post
    The Xara site quotes £39.99 for a contract extension for XWD Premium 365, but mentions:

Valid until April 22, 2018 £30 / A$48 upgrade discount Included as part of this offer: Photo Manager Deluxe (£34.99 / A$69.99 value) PC Check & Tuning (£39.99 / A$69.99 value) Fastcut (£49.99 / A$99.99 value)
    Read more: https://www.magix.com/gb/web/xara-web-designer/

Does this mean that there's a £30 discount (i.e. the price after 22nd April will be £30 higher) or does it mean that the discounted price is £30? When I try upgrading the system still tries to bill me £39.99. Thanks
    I just got an email from Magix with a 10% discount code (because my contract is due to expire today and I had gone to their website and hadn't renewed)? I'm still confused about the £30/£39 renewal fee. Thanks if anyone can clarify.
    Last edited by yjs; 16 April 2018 at 04:07 AM. Reason: for clarity
    IP

I let my Upgrade Service lapse yesterday just to see what was going to happen.

The Offer is upgrade for £39.99. You don't get another £30 off, so the regular "regular" price is £69.99.
    The other items are just add-ons to your invoice. If you had a need for any of these, then it might seem to be a bargain.

I also believe the "upgrade" means you will get to download v15 if you were still using v12. Did you previously upgrade to v15?
    I have found that you can use both v12 & v15. This has been essential while v15 is still buggy.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I let my Upgrade Service lapse yesterday just to see what was going to happen.

The Offer is upgrade for £39.99. You don't get another £30 off, so the regular "regular" price is £69.99.
    The other items are just add-ons to your invoice. If you had a need for any of these, then it might seem to be a bargain.

I also believe the "upgrade" means you will get to download v15 if you were still using v12. Did you previously upgrade to v15?
    I have found that you can use both v12 & v15. This has been essential while v15 is still buggy.

Acorn
    Thanks Acorn. So are they really planning to raise the upgrade price to £69.99 on 22nd April? Yes, I'm also using both version 12 and 15. I'm hoping that after I upgrade I'll still be able to use both.
    PS: I've not been following this forum for the last few days and was just about to mention the lack of some much-needed features like tables - Then I came across a thread in which you presented a table solution you had created yourself. Really look forward to trying that out - thanks.
    Last edited by yjs; 16 April 2018 at 08:34 AM. Reason: Corrected typos
    IP

Well the 10% coupon doesn't work for the 'special offer' of the renewal. So it looks as though the only option is to pay £39.99 before 22nd April - or £69.99 afterwards. Hmmm..
    IP

Or, get the current Humble Bundle with XWD Premium and P&GD plus other software for $20. You get Full access to the Online Content Catalog until September 30, 2018.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by browj2 View Post
    Or, get the current Humble Bundle with XWD Premium and P&GD plus other software for $20. You get Full access to the Online Content Catalog until September 30, 2018.
    Indeed an excellent deal. The P and G Designer in this bundle has the online content catalogue til 31st October, 2018. Also at the end of the video it says this includes an update service. It does not mention this for the XWD Premium. Does anyone know if it is included?

If the update services is included for both, then those of us using both programmes would probably do well to pay under $20 to keep using these programmes until the end of September (XWD Premium) and 31st October (P&GD). But then what would the upgrade price be? We would at that point have two sets of the programmes and could sell one (or are we allowed to do this now that Xara is using a subscription model)?
    IP

I just bought the Humble Bundle, and am trying to work out how to enter the new XWD Premium activation code. I currently have installations of XWD Premium v12 and v15 working side by side without problems on each of two different machines and I really don't want to risk losing that... All no longer pull up the content gallery as my subscription expired two days ago.So do I have to uninstall and then reinstall again, giving the new code, or is there a simpler way? And if I do uninstall will the Humble Bundle code work on both v 15 and 12?

My P&GD is still valid for another couple of months - don't want to risk messing with that now..
    IP