Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Black Friday Pop Up graphic with X close tab.

Can someone help me please? I want to create a Pop up for my website for Black Friday and Cyber Monday sale. I already have the graphic made. I'd like it to be displayed on all of my pages when they are opened but for the life of me I can't figure out how to get the little X in the top corner so people can close it and then fill their shopping carts.

Here is my website: https://www.glenndelaune.com

I tried one of the apps that is associated with my Ecwid platform but it doesn't seem too work to well so I want to create it manually. I just updated to the latest Web Designer Premium 18 just so you guys know.

Glenn DeLaune
    Official Website | Official YouTube | Official Facebook

Default Re: Black Friday Pop Up graphic with X close tab.

Create a new layer and name it anything you like, but add (lock) at the end...eg: sale(lock)
    Add your existing graphic to the layer, along with a close graphic (red cross or whatever)
    Select the red cross, and Utilities > Web Properties > Link (tab), type popup:close in the Link To Web or Email Address box

Now to make the layer show.
    Select a graphic on the MouseOff Layer and Utilities > Names. Name the object anything you like...eg trig01
    Select everything on your popup layer and Utilities > Web Animation > Reveal/Scroll (tab) and select an animation from the drop-down menu under Animation
    Set the Delay to whatever you think appropriate, 2 or 3 seconds is about right
    Select Once Only unless you want the layer to pop up every time the object comes into view
    Select trig01 (or whatever you named the object on the MouseOff layer) under Trigger Object Name

Repeat on any other pages you want the popup to show.

Thank you for your time Sir. I will try tomorrow morning. Will send update.

Well I can get it to show up but can't get it to close. https://youtu.be/XMHiihCMijI

You do not have a close button show up on the your site for the user to click to remove the banner. Did you do what Chris said for the close button?

Ray

Quote Originally Posted by glenndelaune View Post
    Well I can get it to show up but can't get it to close. https://youtu.be/XMHiihCMijI
    You're right, it doesn't.

Plan B:
    Remove the name trig01 and set the Reveal/Scroll settings back to Instant in the Animation box and <None> in the Trigger Object Name box
    Choose an object on the MouseOff layer that a visitor will automatically scroll over...or...create a full width rectangle and give it a 99% transparency.
    Select the object and Utilities > Web Animation > Mouse-Over (tab), choose your popup layer from Show Pop-Up Layer and choose a reveal animation from the Effect button.

You lose the option of 'Just Once' though, so position the trigger where it won't be constantly causing the ad to popup.

Quote Originally Posted by RKissane View Post
    You do not have a close button show up on the your site for the user to click to remove the banner. Did you do what Chris said for the close button?

Ray
    what you're seeing currently is just something temporary I had to put up because i could not get the other one to close so i couldn't leave it on there. I'm gonna try Plan B.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    You're right, it doesn't.

Plan B:
    Remove the name trig01 and set the Reveal/Scroll settings back to Instant in the Animation box and <None> in the Trigger Object Name box
    Choose an object on the MouseOff layer that a visitor will automatically scroll over...or...create a full width rectangle and give it a 99% transparency.
    Select the object and Utilities > Web Animation > Mouse-Over (tab), choose your popup layer from Show Pop-Up Layer and choose a reveal animation from the Effect button.

You lose the option of 'Just Once' though, so position the trigger where it won't be constantly causing the ad to popup.
    Nope it's a No go man. I got the graphic to go away but It came coming back like you said. I did get the X to work but just moving my mouse over the area where I have the Mouse Off image triggered it again. I do appreciate your time Sir. I wish they would implement an Easy Pop Up solution for this software.

I posted an alternative method on what I believe was a thread in the Xara Graphics Chat which appears to have been deleted.

It uses js that Acorn supplied a while back. xar file attached again ;-)

EXAMPLE
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The black magic hieroglyphs are in Utilities > Web Properties > Page(tab) > HTML Code Body(button)

Thanks, Egg, I was beginning to rock to and fro and sob quietly.