Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: How many people use Xara for web development?

I think that whatever the cost there's still going to be plenty of support needed with client screwing something up or wondering how can they do X, Y & Z.

Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
    I think that whatever the cost there's still going to be plenty of support needed with client screwing something up or wondering how can they do X, Y & Z.
    No doubt. But it is an option to allow limited access by a client. Something simple like a restaurant that wants to change the description of the daily special on the home page can make this useful. I really am not interested in moving to WordPress so this provides me a sometimes answer to clients.

Quote Originally Posted by onlye View Post
    No doubt. But it is an option to allow limited access by a client. Something simple like a restaurant that wants to change the description of the daily special on the home page can make this useful. I really am not interested in moving to WordPress so this provides me a sometimes answer to clients.
    My answer is that I'll do small updates at nominal costs, but it's only a strategy for websites with a low change rate.

I think the Xara cloud version is probably a better way to go and possibly Xtom's solution.