Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to create a cookies banner....

Hi all,
    OK I've created a new layer at the top of the p&l gallery with the elements on it - see below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookies.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	127466
    The links to the privacy and cookies policies will go to one new page on the site - so far easy!
    Iv'e made this panel a web animation that fades in and checked the "once only" button, but it's a single scrolling page website and I can't get the panel to disappear once I scroll past it ( or select a new heading from the Menu) and then go back to top of page.
    Also how do I make this layer disappear when a user clicks the OK button? Should I put the button on a separate layer?....
    Thanks in advance guys...
    IP

Default Re: How to create a cookies banner....

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Hi all,
    OK I've created a new layer at the top of the p&l gallery with the elements on it - see below.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cookies.jpg 
Views:	106 
Size:	13.9 KB 
ID:	127466
    The links to the privacy and cookies policies will go to one new page on the site - so far easy!
    Iv'e made this panel a web animation that fades in and checked the "once only" button, but it's a single scrolling page website and I can't get the panel to disappear once I scroll past it ( or select a new heading from the Menu) and then go back to top of page.
    Also how do I make this layer disappear when a user clicks the OK button? Should I put the button on a separate layer?....
    Thanks in advance guys...
    You need to build the Cookie code to go with this otherwise the cookie banner will popup every time a visitor goes to the site. Personally, there is a much easier way using a cookie consent generator of which there are many. The one I use is this: https://www.websitepolicies.com/crea...consent-banner It's free!

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    You need to build the Cookie code to go with this otherwise the cookie banner will popup every time a visitor goes to the site. Personally, there is a much easier way using a cookie consent generator of which there are many. The one I use is this: https://www.websitepolicies.com/crea...consent-banner It's free!

Gary
    Aaah... great! - many thanks Gary!
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by letsgofishing View Post
    Aaah... great! - many thanks Gary!
    Looks like I need a cookie banner on my websites. @letsgofishing and Gary. Did you use a simple placeholder for your code in the body, or is this in a header.
    Thanks
    -Bill
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by bwood View Post
    Looks like I need a cookie banner on my websites. @letsgofishing and Gary. Did you use a simple placeholder for your code in the body, or is this in a header.
    Thanks -Bill
    Bill, have a read over https://help.xara.com/article/446-ad...consent-banner.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat
    IP

Awesome as usual @acorn. Appreciate that.
    Bill Wood
    Charity Web Design
    XARA Pro+. WD17, Designer 17. Premium packages.
    IP

Simple placeholder at the bottom of the first page. It is free for as many times as you chose to use it, but I would take a look at Acorn's suggestion too.

Gary
    IP