Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Default Re: Cannot seem to update a website

Here's what it looks like:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FileZilla screenshot3.jpg 
Views:	50 
Size:	59.0 KB 
ID:	121527

The thing is I've used this sub-directory/folder for years and it's never given me a problem in each year's change-over to the new site.

PeeWee, drag the folder '2018 Fall Festival' from the left side over the public_html folder (C Drive) on the right side (http://salisburyfallfestival.org/Server). This copies all the files & folders together. Now try opening this sub-folder in your browser (http://salisburyfallfestival.org/2018 Fall Festival/index.htm) Is the site correct? If so you know it's something you're doing wrong.
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 08 July 2018 at 04:31 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

The guy who offers us space said something about his either having changed servers or his server changing something.
    Do you have the domain name pointing to this sub-folder? I believe you need to get back in touch with this guy again
    Last edited by Egg Bramhill; 08 July 2018 at 04:30 PM.
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Do you have the domain name pointing to this sub-folder?
    I'm afraid I don't know what this means.

And this.... Do you mean I should drag the entire folder from the left into the current sub-folder called "salisburyfallfestival" or into the public-html folder to create a new sub-folder?
    Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    And drag the folder '2018 Fall Festival' from the left side over the public_html folder (C Drive) on the right side (http://salisburyfallfestival.org/Server)

Can you give us the web site url for the guy whose host you are uploading to?

This is why earlier I told you that when I use FileZilla I delete the files on the server and upload the whole thing from scratch. I always compare total count on both my computer and one the server after I am done. At least the number of files anyway and sometimes the file sizes. They go straight into the Public_html folder I thought you said you did the same. I don't ever "overwrite" . Also, what are those ? marks, I have never seen those.

John

I think FZ shows those question marks on folders that you haven't opened yet with FZ.

I think FZ shows those question marks on folders that you haven't opened yet with FZ.
    I think that's correct.

I'm interested in the Retrieving directory of listing of ''public_html/users ,,," I think the server owner has changed something there ???
    Egg

Quote Originally Posted by PeeWee View Post
    Thanks. Using that path I can't get anything for your festival site to open. I think Egg is right - something has changed on the server, whether by the host (looks like godaddy) or your buddy.
    Have you browsed the directories on the server to see if a folder such as 2018 Fall Festival or similar exist? On my host (Inmotion), an addon domain goes under the root folder, not the public_html folder, so maybe something has changed at the host and there is a new folder that your domain is pointed to and the host expects the files to be uploaded to. A shot in the dark at this point.