Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MP3s will not play..

..on my WeBsite, programmersdigest. When I do an import the bar is full and when I do a page preview or upload the bashows empty. the MP3s are good; Media Players has no problem with them. It doesn't matter if I select Auto Start or No Auto Start nothing plays, and I can't figure out what needs to be done to correct the issue. Any thoughts or ideas greatly appreciated.
    Wichitaito: "Everything is Everything"

Default Re: MP3s will not play..

Between my struggle and FileZilla all of the audio that is not auto is working. However the one that is auto does not. I have it placed behind a graphic to hide the MP3 bar, but I've done this on another another site successfully and with no issue. I have not done this any differently, so I don't understand why the problem.

Now the MP3s do not play at all. Magix says the Browsers have cut off Auto. OK, my WEBsite will be more audio and video, so if I can't use "No Start" MP3s then I will be forced to use somehing other than Xara, which I've been using forever. Is there not anyone here that may have an idea?

I prefer to upload my audio/video files separately and use placeholders to point to them. It's just my preference as I find it makes moving the placeholder is easier than moving the embedded file.

In this example I've used the simplest code I know to display the player in various different ways. Hopefully it may lead you to some eureka moment that solves your problem.

Gilbert.web

If someone reads this who is in the early stages of learning how Xara works, I fiddled with the following:

Pink strips are placeholders for the audio player - Select placeholder - Web Properties > Placeholder > HTML (Body)
    To make the placeholder work when it's behind the picture - Select and edit picture - Web Properties > Image > PNG (Best For Graphics)

Chris, very good of you to respond. Not sure how you come up with the pink strip unless you convert the import to that. Do you soft group or group the graphic and strip? At that point if the group is clicked will the audio play? Sorry, I'm just a wee bit slow on this. Plus my version is older than yours. Thanks
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 09 April 2019 at 03:21 AM. Reason: Forgot somethinh

The pink strip is just a rectangle made with the shape tool and isn't linked or grouped in any way...totally independent.

Draw a shape (rectangle in this case) > Web Properties > Placeholder > (add code to) HTML (Body). In the code you will need to change the path to point to your audio file, and feel free to alter the sizes to suit your needs.

Simply click the 'Play' arrow to make it work.

Info Re: MP3s will not play..

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Chris, very good of you to respond. Not sure how you come up with the pink strip unless you convert the import to that. Do you soft group or group the graphic and strip? At that point if the group is clicked will the audio play? Sorry, I'm just a wee bit slow on this. Plus my version is older than yours. Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGilbert View Post
    Between my struggle and FileZilla all of the audio that is not auto is working. However the one that is auto does not. I have it placed behind a graphic to hide the MP3 bar, but I've done this on another another site successfully and with no issue. I have not done this any differently, so I don't understand why the problem.
    If you are placing a graphic to cover the MP3 bar then you will never be able to click through to the control. This will be fine if you have that MP3 set up to autoplay.

For example, one cannot click the control bar in Chris's bottom soundbar.
    To correct, one would need to add "autoplay" after the controls parameter:
    Code:
    <audio style="width:375px;height:30px" controls autoplay>
    <source src="https://www.auzlink.net.au/mp3/80_1.mp3" type="audio/mpeg">
    Your browser does not support the audio element.
    </audio>
    Magix do not understand your problem: no browser has "cut off Auto"; it is still part of the W3C standard.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

This is the code that is included in the body code when I import MP3s, but still nothing happens, and Page Preview does not work. My side through GoDaddy has no audio whatsoever.

<audio class="xar_meplayer" src="index_htm_files/PDAprilFoolsintroMono.mp3" controls width = "100%" height="100%"/>
    Last edited by GiddyupGilbert; 09 April 2019 at 08:26 PM. Reason: forgot something

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Magix do not understand your problem: no browser has "cut off Auto"; it is still part of the W3C standard.

Acorn
    Chrome and Firefox block autoplay by default. Edge can block it, but is set to 'Allow' by default (Settings > Advanced).

You're right, my partially hidden players will not work...which is obvious now I actually think about it. A simple play/pause button without all the controls, sitting quietly in a corner of the picture would probably be the neatest option.