Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: A Simple Ask

Hybrid View

Default Re: A Simple Ask

ah - so you are saying the 'locate selection' shortcut function should persist until clicked again - but is that not the same function as the toggle button on the gallery ?

for me the nice thing about the 'toggle selection' is that it does not persist

if I only want to locate once, with the toggle button I have to then go back and switch it off otherwise the gallery will reorder itself to the new selection, not usually what I want - with the 'toggle selection' I do not get this problem
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    ah - so you are saying the 'locate selection' shortcut function should persist until clicked again - but is that not the same function as the toggle button on the gallery ?
    for me the nice thing about the 'toggle selection' is that it does not persist
    if I only want to locate once, with the toggle button I have to then go back and switch it off otherwise the gallery will reorder itself to the new selection, not usually what I want - with the 'toggle selection' I do not get this problem
    @handrawn, agreed. We have differing priorities. I use the P&LG as a confirmation that I have the right object in the right layer.

If I move a shape into another layer, I want the layer to open and show where the shape is in that layer. It will be on top, which is not always where I may need it.

I can manage with a shortcut key and then Locate button. You are the lucky winner in this case.
    It highlights the deficiency of there not be a 'Toggle Locate' as a Command.
    The deficiency of not being able to jump into the P&LG at Pages, Layer or Locate expanded is the actual issue.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

It will be on top, which is not always where I may need it
    this can be a major issue with me, but it seems to be the way the program works

For instance I would prefer 'paste replacing selection' to paste at the same stack position as the replaced selection - then following on you could also have 'paste above/below stack position' - would work just like replace selection except instead of replacing the selection, the object is pasted immediately above/below the selection in the stack
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...