Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Why I may abandon Xara

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    I suspect Adobe has the resources to venture into that sort of market. I'd be interested to see where tablets are in the next few years, as I understand it Tablet sales have been gradually slowing recently.
    Serif is also a small company with limited resources. They seem to make the dual-OS work for them.

The Mac market has remained fairly stable in comparison to PCs. Just like tablets may be a small number in comparison to desktops. However, it's still a bazillion devices and a share of that market is still sizable.

Default Re: Why I may abandon Xara

Quote Originally Posted by mwenz View Post
    Serif is also a small company with limited resources. They seem to make the dual-OS work for them.

The Mac market has remained fairly stable in comparison to PCs. Just like tablets may be a small number in comparison to desktops. However, it's still a bazillion devices and a share of that market is still sizable.
    You raise an interesting and valid point. There are many thousand developers for IOS that are much, much smaller than Xara. Okay, the majority probably don’t have much overheads, but the principle is there. Small does not necessarily mean not worth doing. Also, as you right point out, there are many millions of tablet devices, and a growing community of creative types keen to buy good gear.