Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Resizing text in variants. I spend more time checking between the variants than actually making them look how I want them. I then have to 'Stop Sharing With Variants' which kind of defeats the whole idea.

Default Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

wheras xara's non-destructive bitmap editing is all well and good, many times it is necessary to 'fix' a bitmap first by making a bitmap copy [eg in order to trace] - a one-click internal copy function would be nice, such as is available for export
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    wheras xara's non-destructive bitmap editing is all well and good, many times it is necessary to 'fix' a bitmap first by making a bitmap copy [eg in order to trace] - a one-click internal copy function would be nice, such as is available for export
    This is already possible. CTRL-K clones the selected object. You can even put a "clone" button on the toolbar if you like.

dutchim wrote:
    Have the flip vertical and horizontal buttons always available.
    Xara was one of the first graphics companies to introduce a context-sensitive menu that they call the Infobar. Today most applications have this. But the who point of the Infobar is to offer options for the currently selected tool. So when the flip icons are not available it is usually because with the current tool or operation, there is nothing to flip.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    dutchim wrote:

Xara was one of the first graphics companies to introduce a context-sensitive menu that they call the Infobar. Today most applications have this. But the who point of the Infobar is to offer options for the currently selected tool. So when the flip icons are not available it is usually because with the current tool or operation, there is nothing to flip.
    Lets say I'm in the Smart Shape tool and I want the shape to flip... I have to go to the Select Tool... Flip... And go back to the Smart Shape Tool.

Quote Originally Posted by dutchim View Post
    Lets say I'm in the Smart Shape tool and I want the shape to flip... I have to go to the Select Tool... Flip... And go back to the Smart Shape Tool.
    I would like to Flip Text within the Text tool.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

1. The skew angle of horizontally and vertically skewed objects should be displayed and changeable in the info bar.
    It's now only horizontally displayed and will reset to 0 after a change. If I set it to 22° it should show 22°.
    2. The rotation angle of a rotated object should be displayed in the info bar. It normally reset to 0 after a change.
    If I set it to 45° it should show 45°.
    3. After changing the skew angle of a smart-objekt, the side-handles of the shape are no longer displayed and changes
    can only made in the info bar (only hotizontally).
    Workaround: If I deactivate the "Smart Tranform" option then the side-handles will show.
    4. Not all brush profiles are printed. This bug was fixed once before a few years ago.
    Workaround: Choose to print as a bitmap in the printer settings.
    5. I want to change / display the size of rounded corners (rectangle, quickshape) in units (changed in any unit and
    displayed in current unit).
    6. I want to insert the "number of pages" to set up a pagecouter like "Side 1 from 10".
    7. Multiobjekt tools like "Multi-rotation-tool" and "Multi-scale-tool"
    8. Relicate-tool (copy the selected objekt horizontally an vertically like a labels sheet).
    9. Standard vector-fill (like the Hatch-Pro-Tool from ArtWorks).

Werner

Thanks guys, I'm just taking a look through it all now. Should probably have asked on Monday morning instead of Friday so I can respond much better to each request lol

Hello Rob--is this one limited to web stuff?
    Nope, no limits on this one. Could be any part of the program you wish.

Please keep in mind the main request of small, easy to do changes that we can squeeze into the patches and any examples / explanations of changes would be awesome.

Thanks
    Rob

Lightbulb Re: What small workflow improvements would you like to see in the future?

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post
    Thanks guys, I'm just taking a look through it all now. Should probably have asked on Monday morning instead of Friday so I can respond much better to each request lol

Please keep in mind the main request of small, easy to do changes that we can squeeze into the patches and any examples / explanations of changes would be awesome.
    Thanks Rob
    To display the angle of skew or rotation of a Shape or new Group: All Shapes - Angle Display.xar.
    File shows rotation and horizontal skew. I was lazy and didn't add the vertical skew!

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Rob-Xar View Post

Thanks
    Rob
    Don't think it gets any smaller or easier than my, and other's, longstanding request.