Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy iPad and iPhone fail to display site properly - Other Os's do fine

http://www.clintonsymphony.org/ fails to display properly on iPads and iPhones, while the site displays perfectly on Windows 10 in a variety of browsers. iPads seem to want to display the three levels (desktop, medium tablet, phone) at the same time, giving a shattered image of three layers at the same time. My Samsung G3 tablet displays the site perfectly (I do not have a smart phone to test). What can I do to solve this problem? I am in dire need of an solution. Please help!

Default Re: iPad and iPhone fail to display site properly - Other Os's do fine

Yes that is certainly a dog's breakfast. Just looked on my iPhone. Lemme see if I can get someone from Xara to respond.

Hi Hubbub, do you have mp3 players on your site? If so this may be the cause. See this recent thread that was reporting the same issues:

LINK
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Egg Bramhill View Post
    Hi Hubbub, do you have mp3 players on your site? If so this may be the cause. See this recent thread that was reporting the same issues:

LINK
    I've read the thread you mentioned. I do not have any mp3 players or files on this particular site. This site has worked previously without any troubles, but, this update, using the same basic pages as before suddenly created this problem - Could the recent Designer update cause this problem? As I said, the site displays quite well on Android and Windows 10 OS's - and the site worked well on iPad and iPhone until the present updated site.

After posting I did look through your site & couldn't find any mp3 players. It maybe related to using 3 variants...? Using a supersite... ? Difficult to tell straight off. First thing I'd try is converting the site to a conventional site & see if that makes a difference. Off to bed for me
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

I finally got the site to render properly by clearing out the files on my hosting service and re-uploading - it seems to have fixed the problem - a last resort fix since I was completely frustrated. Now the site renders well. Thanks for your help. BTW - I converted the supersite to a conventional site.

Yes, great. I can confirm this. Ctrl+F5 often ensures your loading the site afresh from the server not the computer cache, however I don't know what the equivalent is on a mobile and often your method is the best method. Thanks for the update.
    Egg