Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to use YouTube Widget

When I drag the YouTube widget on my page, I got error:

"Unable to find the HTML code for the widget on the widget site or on the clipboard.
    Configure your widget in this window and get to the point where you are shown the HTML code for the widget, before clicking the Insert button below. If insertion doesn't work, try copying the HTML code to the clipboard before clicking Insert again."

I don't quite understand how to use it

Default Re: How to use YouTube Widget

You get the YouTube Embed code and select all of it and then Copy.
    This adds it to the Global Clipboard that your application widget can then access.

It's all there in the words. Some sites have a defined area that the widget knows about, but not YouTube, or Xara has just been lazy in its configuration.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    You get the YouTube Embed code and select all of it and then Copy.
    This adds it to the Global Clipboard that your application widget can then access.

It's all there in the words. Some sites have a defined area that the widget knows about, but not YouTube, or Xara has just been lazy in its configuration.

Acorn
    That is what I did, I copy the Embed code and click Insert, but I still got the error.

Edit: I found my problem, I need to right click the Embed code to copy on YouTube, now it works.

Thank you.

I found another problem, I want to scale the video, but when drag the corner, the boundary scale, but the video doesn't.

I found another problem, I want to scale the video, but when drag the corner, the boundary scale, but the video doesn't.
    Your YouTube code should look something like this:

Code:
     <iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlA3wS89tuk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    You can proportionally change the height and width in the code to achieve the size you want upto 1920 x 1080 for Full HD (subject to the original video quality being 1080p). Make sure the placeholder is the same size as the H&W in your code. E.g. 1120x 630 for the code below:

Code:
     <iframe width="1120" height="630" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/TlA3wS89tuk" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

So I have to modify the width and height in the iframe manually. I expected the YouTube widget will be smarter, but it is just a rectangle with automatically copy the clipboard code to the HTML code in place holder with Re-generate placeholder image. Not truly WYSIWYG.

Bug Re: How to use YouTube Widget

Quote Originally Posted by flim View Post
    So I have to modify the width and height in the iframe manually. I expected the YouTube widget will be smarter, but it is just a rectangle with automatically copy the clipboard code to the HTML code in place holder with Re-generate placeholder image. Not truly WYSIWYG.
    So Xara take code offered up by YouTube and does its best. The settings are all down to YouTube.

@Initostar - thank you for your insight.

More importantly @Xara, using your YouTube Widget not presents this slight issue:
    We'll stop supporting this browser soon. For the best experience, please update your browser.
    What will we all do then?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I have found the simplest solution is to take the embedded code straight from YouTube, amend the height and width as required (proportionally). Copy the code into a Placeholder of the same size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YouTube Share.PNG 
Views:	80 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	126621 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	You Tube Embedded Code.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	126622

Quote Originally Posted by Initiostar View Post
    I have found the simplest solution is to take the embedded code straight from YouTube, amend the height and width as required (proportionally). Copy the code into a Placeholder of the same size.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	YouTube Share.PNG 
Views:	80 
Size:	30.7 KB 
ID:	126621 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	You Tube Embedded Code.jpg 
Views:	76 
Size:	47.2 KB 
ID:	126622
    You know that. I know that. Others too now know that.

What I do to provide the "WYSIWYG" experience is note the proportionality first. Create a Box with these ratios and then change the code to width="100%" height="100%" and embed.
    I then untick the Regenerate option to avoid slow rendering of the Placeholder image.
    Finally, i only then drag the Box by its corner controls with Lock aspect ratio set.

The next big Question: Will Xara budge from its inertia of replacing Internet Explorer?

Acorn