Quote Originally Posted by pauland View Post
I think Gary is referring to the 'Remember Me' option next to the login - available to all.
"Remember me" is just a Cookie setting that would only represent the UserName, not the full credentials. Even it it did, this would not overcome the wrong server settings we have been enduring.

[Stale]: I have found a fix for my circumstances: Log Out before the time out and the Log In will work. In other words, if you expect not to be browsing or contributing in TG for a period, log out.

[Update]: I have been in touch with Rob-Xar by email over the last three days and Xara have now identified and fixed the problem:
So apparently TalkGraphics was seeing all users with the same (local) ip address. When a user exceeds the 5 login attempts it is the ip address not the user that is blocked (incase someone is attacking the site). As all users appeared to the system with the same IP address if one account got struck out all were locked for 15 mins. We now have the users linked to their correct ip address so this should be fixed now.
Some of us may have also got this:
Someone has tried to log into your account on TalkGraphics.com with an incorrect password at least 5 times. This person has been prevented from attempting to login to your account for the next 15 minutes.
The person trying to log into your account had the following IP address: 172.17.0.2
This was the clincher as there is a private network range of IPs including the above that all logons seemingly were being flagged to.

Happy Posting,
Acorn