Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Would this be of any help at all??

https://html-online.com/articles/ani...nction-jquery/

Default Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Quote Originally Posted by Spitsoor View Post
    Yes that is excellent Spitsoor.. Thank you. Only thing is how to add it into my site as i`m not sure on adding code, that is main reason why i use xara web designer as the code side of things fries my brain.
    If its addable in web properties/ placeholder HTML code (body) or HTML code (head) then it would be no problem, other than that i would be lost. But thank you for the link.

I'm no code jockey, but I think the link is just a replication of the 'Link to Anchor' choice in Xara. I won't start the video link and scroll at the player, just scroll to the player.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris M View Post
    I'm no code jockey, but I think the link is just a replication of the 'Link to Anchor' choice in Xara. I won't start the video link and scroll at the player, just scroll to the player.
    Yeah i have realised that myself as well, its just doing what Xara`s `Link To Anchor` would do, so it`s not what i`m after either. There has to be a way to do it or is it just wishful thinking..lol

Lightbulb Re: Link to Web or Email address & Link to anchor & Open link..Is it possible??

Yes it is possible.

I have had to mangle your approach with IFRAMEs, sadly, which is very elegant.

For each video link:
    • Replace each address with
      Code:
      javascript: void(window.open('https://www.youtube.com/embed/ETxmCCsMoD0', 'abba')); document.getElementById('end').scrollIntoView(true);
    • Reset the Open link from 'abba' to Same frame (_self).
    • Click on the Video placeholder itself and give it a Name of 'end'.
    • Add id='abba' to your Placeholder code:
      Code:
      <iframe name="abba" id="abba" width="800" height="486" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/xFrGuyw1V8s" frameborder="0" allow="accelerometer; autoplay; encrypted-media; gyroscope; picture-in-picture" allowfullscreen></iframe>

On my limited testing, it seems to work OK.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Instead of Naming the Placeholder directly, you can add <div id="end"></div>, immediately after the IFRAME code in the Placeholder.
    The subtle difference is the scroll goes to the bottom of the video viewer.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I've always admired multi-linguists, including codelandic.

How many times have you been asked "How do you know that?" I get asked quite a bit, and I only speak Microsoftish, which has 45 different meanings for the word 'error'.