Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Default Re: Anyone used X Buillder?

Quote Originally Posted by stevegill View Post
    I just bought X-Builder. Looks pretty good so far. Much more modern than most of the templates that come with XDP.

= Steve
    Will do.

Quote Originally Posted by behzad View Post
    Yes I am hesitant to pay when the creator of the program is not active on here.
    Behzad, it is not a program.

Xbuilder is just loads of editable content that you can bring into your website design. You download the content after you pay, the content then resides on your system. From what I have utilized so far, it is very handy with ready made content that looks good. I feel it is good value.

Cheers,

Thank you, but don't you think the creator should at least be a bit active, specially on this thread? No doubt it looks good, waiting to see what he does with footers.

Thank you, but don't you think the creator should at least be a bit active, specially on this thread? No doubt it looks good, waiting to see what he does with footers.
    behzad, I agree.

Regardless, I have just forked out for the Professional Pack and I do have 30 days for a refund.

I have asked Michal to appear in this Thread to present his bona fides.

I have had a play with a few of the 743 XBuilder blocks and two of the 102? Templates.
    I have found simple (& elegant) constructions with Guides (!) and code for simple forms as well as designs for up to three Variants.
    When I say "simple", you could do them yourself, if you had the time and the experience. Few of us have gotten to grips with Parallax reveals. Overall, they are far easier to deconstruct than Xara's collection.

When Xara v15 Upgrade comes out, Magix have declared there are 18 new Templates, which, by my calculations, is $1 each (Half of the Upgrade cost and 2/3 of the development effort to templates as so little seems forthcoming on application code).
    XBuilder is $67 so each Block is under $0.10.
    The All Web Templates bundle is $197, so almost $2 each but if you bundle-bundle you get them all, with XBuilder for free, at $177.

All in all, just over 1GB of zipped Xara-powered Templates and Blocks.

There is a free collection at https://xaratemplates.com/free-templates/.

No endorsement yet and no association with XaraTemplates but with the right integration into Xara's Local design Gallery, i think I have gained a useful collection.

Even if you have no interest, check out the site Help page: https://xaratemplates.com/help/.
    It has a number of resources that i have found useful. Shame how so many of the Xara help links not bomb.

Acorn

P.S. Still showing commitment to the Xara Desktop applications - rah!
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I bought XBuilder and some templates. So far I'm pleased with the purchase. If nothing else comes of it I've been able to glean some ideas from some of the items that I could incorporate into my own sites. I am building a new site with one of the templates and it is looking good so far. A little learning curve on some of the logic, but in a good way as it is showing me how to use WD in ways I had not yet tried. I bought it at a discount, so I think it was worth it. I don't know what the designer of this could add here - it is still a Xara/Magix product that you are using it with.

Acorn thank you for the links and info, your always so helpful. Thanks to all other users for giving their input as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    I have just forked out for the Professional Pack....
    Acorn, where can I find this product on their site?

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    Acorn, where can I find this product on their site?
    https://xaratemplates.com/deals/ and bottom of the page pick Yes to Are you a Professional?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn thank you for the links and info, your always so helpful. Thanks to all other users for giving their input as well.
    Most kind,
    Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    https://xaratemplates.com/deals/ and bottom of the page pick Yes to Are you a Professional?

Acorn

Wow, you bought the full collection! I would get lost in so much content: how to choose?!