Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Is the slidewshow on the xarazone page made with Xara?

https://www.xaraxone.com/us/ is the slideshow on top with clickable links made with xara? If so, what tools, do you have to use to accomplish that? Thanks.

Default Re: Is the slidewshow on the xarazone page made with Xara?

My guess is that it is not.

It wasn't made in Xara Yellowbird but you can do it in Xara if you want clickable links.

DEMO
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

You're fantastic, Egg!

That's great! Can you give me some basic steps to create that to get started? It is exactly what I want. Thanks!

I created this example using a method I've mentioned previously in TG. I'll attach the video of how it's done and also the two xar files I used to create the current one which I hope you can follow along with. One difference since creating this video is the inclusion of Scale to Width that I didn't use on the earlier example but I'll link to here. NB The auto run slider magic was created by Siran & is in the Website Head placeholder section.

DEMO SCALE TO FIT VERSION

Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

@Egg: great video as always - your code is slightly different from my version, but both achieve the same effect with your XAR. I can see how it works too

The transparency on the slider works really well (as does your Xara animated SVG logo) when embedded in the main site against the brickwall - I prefer it to Xara's version.

You have made all those clunky Xara slider widgets redundant!

Gary

Thanks Egg. I saw this some time ago, followed the instructions and got it to work locally on the example I created. I wasn't so sure about actually getting it on the website correctly, and didn't go forward with it. I'm starting to understand how some of these things work a little better, so I'm going to go through it again. Wasn't sure if that was how you created the example of the xara slider on thier page. I'm sure I'll have more questions, really appreciate the help!

Thanks for the kind words Gary. It's not to my credit though, rather Sirans code.
    I much prefer the Xara wall but couldn't find a decent match. What I particularly like in the XaraXone version is how the wall animates at the same time as the slider transition. In fact this would be very difficult in Xara as the wall is not part of the slider xar but part of the main site with a stretchy applied.

@ Yellowbird. Anytime. Stick with it, it's not difficult when you get the hang of the idea.
    Egg

@Egg, quite late to the game but if you want the bricks to fly, add them back in to the slider design and set it to Horizontal Supersite with no page gap.

Not fully checked so I might have missed something.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat