Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Wish: Close Path tool

I think this may have been asked before, but I very often wish I have this function .

An example of a recurrent situation: From imported vectors from other apps with very dense points (that I wish to keep for accuracy) , it's always a hassle to find the endpoint to close each and every object.

Marc

Default Re: Wish: Close Path tool

Try this, Select the path, open the shape editor tool,
    press the end key on your keyboard to go to the last point. Press the return key to close the path.

Thanks for the tip Mike, I didn't know the "home" and "end" keys worked on points, this will help a lot.

Still, a simple close button would not extremely clutter the shape editor tool, it would simplify the workflow as well as make it simpler for the weekend artist in my humble opinion.

Regards,

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Bailey View Post
    press the end key on your keyboard to go to the last point. Press the return key to close the path.
    Just found out today that this trick works even while having multiple objects selected, huge time saver!

Thanks again for the tip!

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by coco View Post
    I think this may have been asked before, but I very often wish I have this function .

An example of a recurrent situation: From imported vectors from other apps with very dense points (that I wish to keep for accuracy) , it's always a hassle to find the endpoint to close each and every object.

Marc
    i have found this a hassle also the tip sure does help...
    It would be cool too if pressing enter at anytime before an object was finalized would automatically finalize the object and also make it a filled shape (like it currently does for the shape editor tool)... this would save me allot of time when using the other input tools.

... not awake, soory..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...