Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question Publishing HTML to webpage Looks terrible

I have gone through the process of designing a webpage using Xara Designer Pro (as of today the latest version) and everything is going fine. The previews look good in browsers, and it behaves as expected.
    However, once it is published to the website, it looks absolutely crap. I have published several of the default templates to see if its a problem with my design and achieved the same result- fonts are missing, text colour is black, some sections are missing entirely and graphics look terrible.

www.awarrick.co.uk is currently hosting an example of said terribleness.

Why is this happening? I have tried numerous ways of correcting and different methods of uploading the HTML (using the FTP in Xara and manually doing it myself) but it all ends up looking like my dog managed to intercept the upload.
    Admin help would be much appreciated- we are a small business looking to get our website live ASAP and this is rather frustrating to say the least.

Default Re: Publishing HTML to webpage Looks terrible

Fishykins, welcome to TalkGraphics.

You have fallen foul of probably publishing more than once and viewing in your browser that remembers fragments of the prior publishes.
    My view of your test site is perfectly fine.

Your need to clear your local browser cache by pressing Ctrl+F5.
    In Chrome, you might need to go Advanced Settings > Privacy and security > Clear browsing data.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I'm on a personal mission to whinge about Chrome lately. If you ARE using Chrome you will have to go into Settings > Privacy and clear the cache, then refresh your page. If you're using another browser try refreshing your page several times.

The site you linked to looks fine from here.

And Acorn wins by a nose

Could I suggest reducing the width of your paragraphs or make them adapt to the width of the viewer's browser? The text is being cut off on both sides by my laptop's screen size. The font size could probably go down a couple of points too. Pictures look fine on mine.

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    Could I suggest reducing the width of your paragraphs or make them adapt to the width of the viewer's browser? The text is being cut off on both sides by my laptop's screen size. The font size could probably go down a couple of points too. Pictures look fine on mine.
    Is your screen width between 760 and 1150px? Also is you browser Zoom 100%?

Thanks.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Probably not. The screen is 1360 wide, but my browser is usually about 80 to 90% of that less the width of my history sidebar. Zoom is 100%.

Che sarą sarą.

Jaydear

Quote Originally Posted by jaydear View Post
    Probably not. The screen is 1360 wide, but my browser is usually about 80 to 90% of that less the width of my history sidebar. Zoom is 100%.
    Che sarą sarą.
    Jaydear
    Yes, you are sitting just on the cusp of the choices Xara made for a 2-variant website.

Acorn