Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Rogue Fonts - How do I find them in my documents

On loading a file, I get a message "This document contains fonts that are not currently installed.....See "Document Info" for more information"
    Question is, how do I locate the text with these uninstalled fonts in a very large and complex document so I can change them to standard fonts.

Default Re: Rogue Fonts - How do I find them in my documents

That's something I'd also like to know.

You could try one of these methods: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...054#post589054.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Another method. A bit slow but it works. Oops, but not in Web Designer. Never mind.

In Designer Pro I open the Names Gallery. It shows what fonts are used on each page.

When you see the rogue font listed, select the font then click the small open circle next to the font. All instances of the font will be selected.

What happens a lot (to me at any rate) is the rogue font is not a character but a space at the end of a paragraph or between paragraphs. This should not be possible, but it is.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    What happens a lot (to me at any rate) is the rogue font is not a character but a space at the end of a paragraph or between paragraphs. This should not be possible, but it is.
    Gary, let me have a wild guess: your rogue spaces are there when you set up text blocks as Fully Justified?

If you look at the source code, Xara gives you a free &nbsp, or even two, at the end of every line.

You should save them all up and post them back to Xara.

We were sort of promised a fantastical true CSS handling of text in a radical revision.
    Still waiting.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

You should save them all up and post them back to Xara.
    Good idea. Except they'll just save them all up and add them back in the next update/version.

This is sometimes a problem when I format a book because often these phantom fonts do not have permission to be embedded.

same issue = = I have been ignoring it
    as it refers to fonts I KNOW I did not use

Quote Originally Posted by TheeeDragon View Post
    same issue = = I have been ignoring it
    as it refers to fonts I KNOW I did not use
    Upload a one-page example of your problem.

Acorn

I would like to fix this as well, however, since I have so many pages it's so much easier to click "ok" on the warning and move on, then it is to go through the tedious steps suggested above. WAY back in the day when I worked with MS Publisher they would suggest a replacement font to correct this and you would never see the error warning again. It seems like something Xara should put on their to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by marjorie View Post
    I would like to fix this as well, however, since I have so many pages it's so much easier to click "ok" on the warning and move on, then it is to go through the tedious steps suggested above. WAY back in the day when I worked with MS Publisher they would suggest a replacement font to correct this and you would never see the error warning again. It seems like something Xara should put on their to-do list.
    majjorie, to be clear xara already has this built into Xara Designer Pro under Names > Used Fonts, where a total selection allows the Fonts selector to change the font to another.

In Xara Web Designer (Premium), you have the ability to create Styles. Set a Style to have a particular Font and the replacement or location of a Font is tedious but straightforward.

My offered alternative approaches were to be more analytic and pinpoint down to a single glyph, like a bullet.

Don't overlook File > document Info for a final checkout.

Acorn