Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara slide show widget - rename or save as?

Is there any way to the the above? Say I want to create another slide show that will contain quite a few pics from an existing show.....?

Default Re: Xara slide show widget - rename or save as?

Good question.

If you copy the slide show and paste it into a new web document then you can modify and save without affecting the original.

If you intend to have two slide shows in one document then I have no idea.

Thanks for the reply. Yip, I have copied and pasted but I need to give it a new name so I know which slide show is being used where...

@Gary, I do not believe this can be right.

I took one of my Slideshows and tweaked the settings in two different presentations of the same.
    These changes are saved in an attribute 'data-r' that will store the changes. (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...089#post590089)

However, adding a new picture or deleting one is part of the saved Slideshow and cannot be different across separate instances.
    I think the order of the picture can be changed and saved (in data-r) but there is no option to hide an image.

In passing, we all had this discussion in November!
    (https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...ideshow-widget)
    I even worked on a "better" alternative.

Since then it fails in v17.0 but I won't bother working on it as it clearly has no utility.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Acorn - What I mean is can you have two different slide shows on one page with different content? I really have no idea.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Acorn - What I mean is can you have two different slide shows on one page with different content? I really have no idea.
    Gary, yes you can. But you cannot clone off and add to an existing one as all versions will only display the latest images. LGF wants to Save As and work on the new one from its existing collection without having to do it all over again.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Gary, yes you can. But you cannot clone off and add to an existing one as all versions will only display the latest images. LGF wants to Save As and work on the new one from its existing collection without having to do it all over again.

Acorn
    Exactly right Acorn. Thank you