Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweakset for Web Designer 7 Premium

Read the manual. The tile horizontally, tile vertically, and no tiling tweaks may require you to edit the background color, as the bitmap fill does not cover entire window in this case. If you use the WD7P tweaks in WD7, you will not be able to edit the code as described in the manual. But WD7P tweakset has some new tweaks not present in WD6 tweakset so you may like to have them.
    Do not remove anything. Just install both tweaksets. You'll be able to use any tweak from any tweakset this way.
    John.

Thanks so much, John. That's exactly what I wanted. Didn't know whether two tweaks sets would conflict, but I suspect they won't provided I don't use both on the same thing.

Thanks again.

Ali

This is new to me. I did what the instructions said and received a message would I like to create an index. What's that? Then I look in the XWD 7 Tweaks folder and it's empty. What do I do?

Is this the proper tweakset for XDP7?
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Quote Originally Posted by samrc View Post
    Is this the proper tweakset for XDP7?
    Yes.
    John.

Thanks
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

I too am getting a problem (XDP7). When I follow the instructions, the folder location that I extracted the downloaded folder to is displayed in the designs gallery. Click on this and I get a box with a cross titled 'manual'. If I check inside the XWD 7 Tweaks folder on my desktop, I can see the individual .xar and .web files, a catindex.txt file and a Xara Info folder, so I know they have been extracted okay ........ help!

Oh disaster! I migrated a large site from WD6 to WD 7 Premium - all pages used the Dynamic Page tweak, which involved a complex naming exercise of the backgrounds, I recall, and an edit to the 'footer begin'. In the transfer all the naming of elements seems to have disappeared. I guess I need to go right through the site and name the backgrounds again.

Be warned!

Quote Originally Posted by bexvlad View Post
    In the transfer all the naming of elements seems to have disappeared.
    Do you mean that all the objects have no names assigned?
    John.

That's the way it seems - I only specifically named the backgrounds, in order to make Dynamic Page work on all the pages (a tedious workaround, I know, but it did the job).