Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default PopUp Gallery Options not working

I have about 25 images on a gallery page that have been placed on the page separately and variant shared with the mobile version (no widget used). They are setup with the pop up feature and the browser control and the film strip at the bottom and title to show at the top. When I preview it there are several problems... The browser control only works with the left arrow, the right arrow does nothing and if I select the slide show the control sort of flashes at the rate the show has been set up, but the images don't cycle. If I use the keyboard, only the left and the up arrow have control and they both only cycle in the back direction.. no forward control with the right key arrow.

The mobile version view has the same problem and additionally does not show the text at the top.

The thumbnail strip at the bottom has duplicates of each image thumb (two of each). You can select one and it works

If I set it up with no browser control and preview it, when I click on an image it pops up and has the text at the top, but again, only the left keyboard arrow works and if I click on the right keyboard arrow the image disappears and the screen freezes and I have to close the preview window.

Also, the text at the top doesn't always show up on all the images, even though I have checked and it shows in the setup window. Tried turning pop up off, apply than on again and text still doesn't show up on some of these images at the top.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Default Re: PopUp Gallery Options not working

Quote Originally Posted by doane View Post
    I have about 25 images on a gallery page that have been placed on the page separately and variant shared with the mobile version (no widget used). They are setup with the pop up feature and the browser control and the film strip at the bottom and title to show at the top. When I preview it there are several problems... The browser control only works with the left arrow, the right arrow does nothing and if I select the slide show the control sort of flashes at the rate the show has been set up, but the images don't cycle. If I use the keyboard, only the left and the up arrow have control and they both only cycle in the back direction.. no forward control with the right key arrow.

The mobile version view has the same problem and additionally does not show the text at the top.

The thumbnail strip at the bottom has duplicates of each image thumb (two of each). You can select one and it works

If I set it up with no browser control and preview it, when I click on an image it pops up and has the text at the top, but again, only the left keyboard arrow works and if I click on the right keyboard arrow the image disappears and the screen freezes and I have to close the preview window.

Also, the text at the top doesn't always show up on all the images, even though I have checked and it shows in the setup window. Tried turning pop up off, apply than on again and text still doesn't show up on some of these images at the top.

Any ideas?

Thanks,
    Clone your design file and in the clone delete the Variant and try again.

If the Variant is causing the problem then check if the images are not linked across Variants.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK, not sure exactly what you mean by clone your design, but what I did was save the website with a new name. I then went to the same gallery main page, selected all 24 images and rt clicked and chose "stop sharing with variants" Now, now of the images on the main or moble page have the hash marks. I then tried the pop up set up again, several times with different settings, selecting off and then resetting them up and I get the same results.

Next, I created a new blank page and on the main one I put 6 images on it that I scaled down to fit with variants default, not shared and none of them showing on the moble page. I selected all six and set up mouse over to bulge and previewed and they all work. Next I selected all of them and from links I chose popup and then for options none and no gallery and previewed it. At first the image popped up and I could use the left and right arrows to move forward and back. I did it again, and this time the arrows don't work and the image can't be colapsed. Each image clicked on pops up and won't go down again. Had to close the preview window. Tried it again and each image can be popped up and back down. When popped up if I try the key arrows it cycles the first time, but the next time it's erratic, can pop up one and then another and have several popped up and then pop them back down each one at a time.

Do you think my program is corrupted?

I've had two crashes in the last couple of days that I sent into Xara after getting a pop up saying they were serious:
    4/9 crash ID:62ac30f9-e2e5-43c9-8508-b14ebe4153ae
    4/10 crash ID:d578fa73-b89d-4834-b8d1-ea931ea10cda
    Haven't heard anything back yet from them.
    Gigabyte GA-Z68A-D3H-B3 LGA1155 Intel Z68 ATXMOB - Intel core I7-2600 3.4GH LGA 1155 - 16gb DDR3 SDRAM - Corsair CX750M PS - GeForce GTX650 2GB - SB X-Fi Extreme Music
    Master C: Crucial 200GB SSD - Master D: 1.0 TB - E: 24x DVD/CD R/RW - F: Crucial 275GB SSD - Windows 7 Pro 64bit SP1

Can you upload your page with six images?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Bug Re: PopUp Gallery Options not working - SHADOWS BUG!

OK, think I solved the problem, but this sort of makes me a bit mad that Xara doesn't have better quality control... is this just a new v15 problem? I've spent a whole day trying to figure out what the problem was and taking up your time here too.
    Anyway... This morning I opened a different gallery page from the Wildside template and got a mobile and main window.
    I set the auto fit to width only and changed the page options from 760 to 960 pix

I then dragged four photos in to the main window, sized them to fit, selected them all and added a mouse over and previewed.. OK

Selected each one and added text to the title and checked for popup and for options selected dim,shadow,title with gallery options set to browser controls and bottom film strip
    Previewed and all is working forward and back with browser control and keyboard keys, slide show works and film strip shows the four images.

Selected them all and pasted them into the mobile window and sized them to fit. No variants are shared on any of them.

Previewed again and all is working fine in the full size and the mobile size

HERE IS THE BUG: In the main window I selected all 4 and added a shadow to them.
    Previewed and now I have the same problem I had before. Only the left browser arrow works, there are double images of each one in the film strip and the keyboard only works with the left and up arrow keys
    While in preview mode I narrowed it down to the mobile view and that one works fine (I had not added shadows to the thumbs in the mobile window)

I did a Undo several times to remove the shadows in the main window and previewed again and all is working fine again.

Repeated this several times and apparently adding shadows to the thumbs screws up the popup functions cycling.

Someone else please confirm my finding. I'm going to post this over on the Magix form as well, although I didn't get one comment over there.

Default Re: PopUp Gallery Options not working - SHADOWS BUG!

OK, think I solved the problem, but this sort of makes me a bit mad that Xara doesn't have better quality control... is this just a new v15 problem? I've spent a whole day trying to figure out what the problem was and taking up your time here too.
    Anyway... This morning I opened a different gallery page from the Wildside template and got a mobile and main window.
    I set the auto fit to width only and changed the page options from 760 to 960 pix

I then dragged four photos in to the main window, sized them to fit, selected them all and added a mouse over and previewed.. OK

Selected each one and added text to the title and checked for popup and for options selected dim,shadow,title with gallery options set to browser controls and bottom film strip
    Previewed and all is working forward and back with browser control and keyboard keys, slide show works and film strip shows the four images.

Selected them all and pasted them into the mobile window and sized them to fit. No variants are shared on any of them.

Previewed again and all is working fine in the full size and the mobile size

HERE IS THE BUG: In the main window I selected all 4 and added a shadow to them.
    Previewed and now I have the same problem I had before. Only the left browser arrow works, there are double images of each one in the film strip and the keyboard only works with the left and up arrow keys
    While in preview mode I narrowed it down to the mobile view and that one works fine (I had not added shadows to the thumbs in the mobile window)

I did a Undo several times to remove the shadows in the main window and previewed again and all is working fine again.

Repeated this several times and apparently adding shadows to the thumbs screws up the popup functions cycling.

Someone else please confirm my finding. I'm going to post this over on the Magix form as well, although I didn't get one comment over there.
    Thank you for reporting back.
    I will have a look at what the shadows are affecting.

Acorn

Bug Re: PopUp Gallery Options not working

Yep! Right buggy!

A single image with a shadow will stop the right arrow navigation dead.

Acorn

Will this be reported to Xara and maybe be included in an upcoming patch?

Thanks to every ones help here... for custom design the program as a bit of a learning curve and without all of you I might have bailed on it with some of the problems I've run into.

Will this be reported to Xara and maybe be included in an upcoming patch?
    Thanks to every ones help here... for custom design the program as a bit of a learning curve and without all of you I might have bailed on it with some of the problems I've run into.
    Already done: https://www.talkgraphics.com/showthr...red-of-Shadows.

Acorn

Thanks, Acorn