Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Uploading newly saved website

Good Morning Mr. Jamesd,
    I did use FileZilla, but really did not know what I was doing and I am really afraid to delete anything and start over. Sounds like you are familiar with FZ. Can you explain this a little clearer so I can get it please? You all have hit the nail on the head, I just have to figure out how to clear this up.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    I seem to be saving changes to the website in one place, but publishing to another place.

bob
    Well, saving and publishing locations should be completely different, but you do need to know the locations of each. I'm guessing that since you use Filezilla that you are from within Xara WD exporting html files to your hard drive and then publishing them to the web server with FZ rather than using the Xara built in uploader. Is that correct?

Good Thursday Afternoon Mr. BkJohns,
    You and others are so right. Saving and Publishing locations should be different. Actually, what I did was use FileZilla to upload files to my server, then used Xara to publish the website. This is a real learning experience for me and I welcome it. It's frustrating, but then, it forces me to pay more attention to what I'm doing. And, I do want to learn how to properly use FileZilla because its upload speeds are so much faster than my cPanel which calls for files to be in Zip Form. Thank you so much for staying in touch. Once I get on the right road, I give credit to you all for pointing me in the right direction. I will be back when I find the answer.

bob

Good Friday Morning All,
    After much head scratching and falling hair, well, not very much falling hair because I'm bald, a dear friend of mind determined that I should be publishing to
    another directory. Once I entered this information into the "Optional Sub Folder" up popped all of the changes I made to the website. My friend said you all help point him in the right direction and thanks you. I personally want to thank everyone here because you did not have to do what you've done to help me. I look forward to getting to the place I can help out as well.

bob

Quote Originally Posted by musicmanrobert View Post
    Good Friday Morning All,
    After much head scratching and falling hair, well, not very much falling hair because I'm bald, a dear friend of mind determined that I should be publishing to
    another directory. Once I entered this information into the "Optional Sub Folder" up popped all of the changes I made to the website. My friend said you all help point him in the right direction and thanks you. I personally want to thank everyone here because you did not have to do what you've done to help me. I look forward to getting to the place I can help out as well.

bob
    Well done bob.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host