Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How do I stretch a photo? Driving me crazy - The Sequel

I've been waiting since December for the latest update, because I'm unable to stretch images without them being cut.

I was told in December that this would be fixed in the next update, the reason I did not request a refund, as this is quite a major part of using graphics software as a designer, having the ability to resize an image as I want to.

Unfortunately, I just installed the update and the option is not there. If I put in a size I want the image to be, it still cuts it.

I can tell reading the help file what the creators think, as it continually says things like 'you obviously wouldn't want to do this. so we do it this way', but surely I should not have to go to Photoshop just to resize an image, especially when it was working in previous versions.

Default Re: How do I stretch a photo? Driving me crazy - The Sequel

With the latest update, if you right click on the LOCK ICON on the selection toolbar, you get the option to UNCHECK Smart Transform. Doing that restores earlier behaviour and you can stretch/squash and resize using the selector handles, or resize by inputting a size, as previous versions.

Like a lot of others, I have turned SMART TRANSFORM off ... Hopefullly never to return.
    Keith
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    There are 10 types of people in this world .... Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Like a lot of others, I have turned SMART TRANSFORM off ... Hopefullly never to return.
    Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    Thank you ss-kalm, that's just saved much hair-pulling.

I did find there was a strange thing at first, where if I closed and started the software from an unsaved page, the tick would reappear, but not if doing so from a saved page. That seemed to fix itself though during testing, so all good now. I can love Xara again.