Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Will Xara Ever Create a DTP Program (like PagePlus)?

Well the definition of 'DTP' in this topic was 'like PagePlus'. And by that definition we should be close (better in some ways).

So I doubt PagePlus is any more capable of handling 600 pages than we are. Can it do scripting? Scripting is a 'nice to have' for most people I expect (being a rather technical process). I doubt that would be high up most people's list. And that's the challenge for us, that most people's wish lists are different.

AI and EPS files should come through OK. Modern AI files are really just PDF and our PDF import is very good. Our import / export filters should be up to most jobs (we are aware of the requirement to import PSDs flattened, rather than layered as they are now, or at least have the option.) So if there are cases where you know they do not work - tell us. (We're also aware of the greyscale limitation.)

But other points taken on board.

Regarding Text Styles - I think our Style system is as powerful as anyone's, so is it just a usability thing wanting to see the full Style definition in an editable 'properties panel? (We chose to do it 'on the page' instead of in a separate settings panel.) So to see all the Style values just place the caret in the style and the InfoBar (which is, in effect, our properties panel) shows you all the settings at a glance. To change any Style value just change it in the document and select 'update style'. That's a pretty easy and straightforward and I have difficulty understanding what benefits presenting this another way would have? We could lay that our vertically in a panel, but that would simple take a lot more space.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	907caa0f7b30456fa1f1ff245a901a1b.jpg 
Views:	136 
Size:	5.9 KB 
ID:	109704