Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: navigation z-index issue

Hi, I wrote a reply earlier but not sure it went through, so am resubmitting. I apologize if this is a duplicate.

I tried moving the popups between the mouseoff and mouseover layers, as Acorn suggested, to no avail. However something Acorn said "Pop-ups are designed to be on top; it is what they do" made me realize I could create a trigger on the mouseoff layer and put the navigation menu on a popup layer - then it would always be on top. And lo and behold that worked! So thanks for your suggestions.

I am concerned, though, about what gwpriester said "I would change is the size of the type in the nav bar and on the page. It is fine for a mobile variant but on a desktop monitor is seems way to big." On all the devices I've looked on (1920, 1280 and mobile resolution) the size seems fine to me. The font is 24pt. Gwpriester, what resolution are you using? Are you zoomed in somehow? Acorn, does the size look too big to you as well? Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by prman View Post
    Acorn, does the size look too big to you as well?
    I am afraid it does; the overall height of the menu and sub-menus is close to 50% of the page height (regardless of viewport scaling) so it is almost dominating the page.

20pt might be better.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

OK point taken. I switched to 20pt. Thanks to all for your suggestions.