Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default how do I trigger films?

Hi everyone here,

I have 10 films, if I want to click each films' name from navigator bar and the film will show in a certain area, how do I make it happen,
    I don't have the concept about this idea, hope get some helps from your suggestion. Thanks.

Best,

Alexia

Default Re: how do I trigger films?

Hi Alexia. Load your videos into pop-up layers (don't autoplay).

Preview attached file.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Bramhill,

This is just what I want, I will try it and let you know the result, but, there is another question happening.
    There are more than 10 films, if I put them on the navigator bar, it will show a long string,
    is it possible make a little rolling film, I click one of films and trigger the certain film display on the screen.
    Thanks for helps

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	film1.png 
Views:	106 
Size:	4.2 KB 
ID:	116168

Best,

Alexia

Hi Alexia,

Been looking at your requirements and I can't find a way of doing it with a slider. I did alter a slider that looked promising with a film frame effect but unfortunately it didn't have a link to url feature. Then I thought, even if you got this working would it enhance the site or annoy users who wants to find a link and has to wait for the scroller?

Another thing that struck me was by using pop-up's creates a download time-lag for that page. Even though the video links are in hidden pop-up's they still download on opening the page. With three videos that's not to bad, but if you're talking 10+ the delay can become unacceptable. Another problem I've come across re videos in pop-ups is that in the past, often when the pop-up is closed the video's audio continues playing. However I can't replicate that now.

So I attach an alternative whereby each video is loaded onto it's own page. This is the method I'd use given you're linking to many videos.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Bramhill,

Thank you so much do the efforts for me, but if videos from myself not on the web, how do I give the video path, I have tried yesterday, I was just giving the video.mpg name, but didn't work out, can you please show me a accurately path way.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="my video.mpg" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Best,

Alexia

Your video's need to be hosted on a web server. Say on your website. Then the link would be src="http://www.alexia36.com/videos/my video.mpg"

Video's are large and take a lot of bandwidth, that's why it's best to host them on YouTube.
    Egg

Hi Bramhill,

Copy that! Thank you very much...

Best regards,

Alexia

If the video files are all the same size you could put a single IFRAME on the page and have some buttons change the src attribute like in THIS example.
    There is a placeholder that has some code at body
    Code:
    <script>sn_muliIframeInit(144);</script>
    and some functions defined in the code head (which you hopefully don't need to understand).
    The number at the body code defines the height of the scrolling part (including the scrollbar).
    The placeholder has a link to the pop-up layer that contains the images with the links to the video pages (these can also be pages of the document itself as in example 7).
    The order of the images is defined in the page and layer gallery. Bottom first...
    Please ask if you are interested and need some explanation.

Fantastic solution Siran. I won't pretend to understand how it works but it works a treat, only loading the video's when a button is clicked.

I also assume the navbar along the top is created by the js. It's very simple to add mote frame-links, no need to change any code. Sweet!
    Egg

Great solution Siran, thank you.

Ciao

Roly