Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Hybrid View

Default Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

Many thanks Raynerj1 and Egg for your suggestions. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Egg's method is a little bit more fiddly, but unlike the three line method it does work successfully with coloured sleepers/ties. See attached file.

Anyone else agree there is a problem with selecting the second standard dash pattern from the line gallery in the new version of Xtreme Pro?
    Attached Files Attached Files

I tried all the dash patterns... dey all werks fur me... sorry can not duplicate.
    John Rayner
    For my Photography see:
    http://www.draginet.com
    Facebook

Works fine for me too. Try Un-install / Re-install.
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Williams View Post
    Anyone else agree there is a problem with selecting the second standard dash pattern from the line gallery in the new version of Xtreme Pro?
    Confirmed.

Basically, if you have a line drawn and selected on the page, you can't swap between applying the 2nd pattern and applying the last pattern. You always have to apply an intermediate pattern.

(Oh, and it doesn't matter whether you apply the pattern by dbl-clicking the pattern or selecting it and clicking the 'Apply' button.)

agreed

selecting second 'locks' the last
    selecting last 'locks' the second

to 'unlock' need to select an intermediate pattern
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Ah, I can duplicate that now. I was using what you would call the 3rd pattern (I didn't count the solid line as a pattern).
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Yes, this is definitely a bug. The last dash pattern is actually a special one used for drawing the guidelines. The size of the dashes does not scale with the line width like it does for all the other styles and the actual dash definition is the same as the first one in the list. This confuses the gallery causing both of them to appear selected.

This problem is present back to Xtreme 2.0 (and probably earlier). It should be a pretty trivial fix.

Gerry

Default Dash patterns bug still present in XXP4

Quote Originally Posted by GerryI View Post
    Yes, this is definitely a bug. The last dash pattern is actually a special one used for drawing the guidelines. The size of the dashes does not scale with the line width like it does for all the other styles and the actual dash definition is the same as the first one in the list. This confuses the gallery causing both of them to appear selected.

This problem is present back to Xtreme 2.0 (and probably earlier). It should be a pretty trivial fix.

Gerry

This bug is still present in the trial version of Xara Xtreme Pro 4.

Noel

Thumbs up Re: Dash patterns: for railway lines

Quote Originally Posted by Noel Williams View Post
    Many thanks Raynerj1 and Egg for your suggestions. This was exactly what I was looking for.

Egg's method is a little bit more fiddly, but unlike the three line method it does work successfully with coloured sleepers/ties. See attached file.

Nice Tracks Noel - Tom
    Tom - Hwy101