Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Windows 11

Hybrid View

Default Re: Windows 11

50 secs to start affinity designer is abysmal - it takes 4 secs on my win10 amd ryzen 7 2700X cpu desktop

you either have a very old or very choked up system, quite possibly both
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    50 secs to start affinity designer is abysmal - it takes 4 secs on my win10 amd ryzen 7 2700X cpu desktop

you either have a very old or very choked up system, quite possibly both
    I don't think you can compare domestic setups with a ryzen 7 2700X and no doubt a good SSD.

..that said.. ..I can't remember waiting for any software to take 50 seconds to load.

Buying an M1 Mac is going to be a shock in terms of performance, that's for sure.

no of course I agree with both points [samsung 750 EVO - it might be quicker still with the system on the 960 EVO M.2 but that is dedicated for program use] the ryzen was spec'd for animation and studio sound

50secs is bad - my i7 laptop is not far behind 4 secs

Buying an M1 Mac is going to be a shock in terms of performance, that's for sure
    other half nicked one of my mice when I bought her a lenovo i5 'too damn quick to use a touchpad'
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    other half nicked one of my mice when I bought her a lenovo i5 'too damn quick to use a touchpad'
    I much prefer using a trackpad!

I assume it was just that the trackpad setting was too sensitive - easily changed.

it comes down to gestures - not all trackpads allow you to turn off gestures [maybe that is windows too] - personally I hate gestures - on a fast machine it is just too difficult to control, and she was likewise uninmpressed at how easy it was to do somethging she did not mean to; sensitivity you can adjust but a mouse is easier, especially if for example, your mind is on what you are going to do next, and not where you happen to park the cursor meanwhile
    Nothing lasts forever...

Mine loads in 4 seconds. (No previous files opened)
    Egg

Minis Forum UM780XTX AMD Ryzen7 7840HS with AMD Radeon 780M Graphics + 32 GB Ram + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + 1Tb SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

It’s good to hear AD does actually open quickly in Windows.

I’ve definitely got an old computer but up until recently it’s been a good solid workhorse. Performance went to pot after the last Windows 20H2 update. I should have rolled it back but lost the will as the update took so long to do (hours). I now just make lots of cups of tea whilst waiting for things to open!

After suffering a painful case of RSI using a cheap mouse, I now only use my Wacom pen for navigation.
    Jon (Jono) Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 19.0.0.64329 DL x64 May 19 2022