Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Guest Guest

Default Re: XARA Designer Pro X 365: Re-install issue

I already gave you those steps: Re-install with the version I downloaded in June 2016, then the usual pop-up window I've seen very many times stating that an update is available for my software. This was no ad, no offer to upgrade or to try out a new version, but the very normal update notice. And BTW, I'm a XARA user for over 10 years now, I know the drill.

And just to point this out: This is not about "wanting to keep new features" that came out in the last year.
    This is about Designer Pro X 365 stopping to work correctly from one moment to the next - remarkably exactly 3 months after my update service expired (Honi soit qui mal y pense...). And this is about Designer Pro X 365 forcing me to reinstall because of that and leaving me without any working version of the software after just following the usual update procedure - with seemingly no other remedy but to uninstall and re-install yet again or to renew a subscription I neither want nor need.

As you just seem to have confirmed, this is exactly the way XARA intended this to work. Which means that you're obviously also not entitled to keep any bugfixes released within the year of subscription you paid for. If Designer Pro X 365 stops working, even without any fault on your part, you're back to an up to one year old version of Designer Pro. It's good to know this, as this gives me even less incentive to renew my subscription (even if XARA refuses to call it that).

@dutchim
    Thanks for the quick reply. Is there some kind of repository of previous XARA versions? I just have my downloaded version from June 2016 (12.1, I think...). Any update that version pulls from XARA's servers is 12.8, which I can't activate.
    Last edited by Guest; 12 September 2017 at 06:08 PM.