Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default 502/504 errors and on-line connections

Have been using Designer Pro 11 happily for years.
    Today I have problems. If I try to use the content catalogue I get 504 errors.
    I tried re-installing the program, which seemed fine, but re-registering gives "An on-line connection cannot be established...".
    Tried to download the demo of version 15 but the Magix.com site gives 502 Bad Gateway.
    Anyone else having problems?
    Everything else is fine and nothing has changed here...

Default Re: 502/504 errors and on-line connections

Quote Originally Posted by peterwsanders View Post
    Have been using Designer Pro 11 happily for years.
    Today I have problems. If I try to use the content catalogue I get 504 errors.
    I tried re-installing the program, which seemed fine, but re-registering gives "An on-line connection cannot be established...".
    Tried to download the demo of version 15 but the Magix.com site gives 502 Bad Gateway.
    Anyone else having problems?
    Everything else is fine and nothing has changed here...
    Nothing to worry about, MagiXara has simply trashed its 98% available servers, 99.9% if you buy into the Xara Cloud Enterprise subscription.

This is the downtime you need to consider if you can afford an application wedded to an on-line service.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Right... Thanks for the reassurance.
    I did find a version of Pro 15 I could download, and it starts to install, then gives up...

Right... Thanks for the reassurance.
    I did find a version of Pro 15 I could download, and it starts to install, then gives up...
    It's a case of Eggs and a singular Basket.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

98% availability is about 14h 30m downtime a month.
    99.9% availability is about 45m downtime a month.

MagiXara to provide on-line content cover for a professional application needs to be offering a minimum of 99.5% availability; a half-day a month downtime.

All the above need to be 24/7 and not MagiXara office hours.

Acorn

Whew!

Got up this morning and tried to open the Magix community forum (magix.info) and instead it kept taking me to the login page. My un/pw is always there, so I just have to press on the button. No luck. I tried on my tablet, which automatically logs me in. Nope. Oh, oh! I've been banished. And me, a fan-boy of Magix...banished! Could it have been the list of 22 bugs that I posted as replies to the Magix guy asking for comments on the latest versions of Video Pro X? Then I tried Magix.com. Banished from there too.

Then I thought that Magix had simply thrown up its arms and shut down in the face of seemingly never-ending criticism from Acorn. (Good job, by the way.)

I tried my web site that I have through Magix; it worked, at least. But, I've been banished from my on-line album.

So, I tried here and got in. I figured that it must be because I renewed yesterday, the final day of my update period. I renewed through XDPX on my desktop, so I tried loading Xara on my laptop and got a message that my subscription had expired.

When I tried to get the on-line content using my so-called expired version, I got a screen that said that the Magix servers were down for maintenance. What a relief! However, Magix should have put the same message for the community forum and for Magix.com to counteract my paranoia.

So, thanks to you both here for raising the issue and noting that the service was down. Much relieved, I'll get back to editing some videos.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

Thanks for the info about the servers. I did not get that.
    It shouldn't be like this, when you have things to do.
    I contacted support - no reply.

Hi Peter,

How did you manage to contact Support? I can't even get the Magix.com page to be able to get to Support, or even my account.
    John CB
    Xara DPX(19.0.1.65946)

I found an old Xara contact us page that still seems active.
    http://www.xara.com/uk/contact-support/
    Guess we could try Facebook or Twitter...

I found an old Xara contact us page that still seems active.
    http://www.xara.com/uk/contact-support/
    Guess we could try Facebook or Twitter...
    It ought to be back now.

Acorn