Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Accordion solution for the year 2022 :-)

Hello everyone,

I am looking for something that represents a "real" accordion. As it is usually used on FAQ pages (Bootstrap etc.) so not the often "abstract" included widgets that have the technical and optical (design-wise) status of mid-2000 (to say it provocatively ;-)

Xara would do well to update here the many ancient playful no longer contemporary components, because much unfortunately now looks like the day before yesterday. Otherwise they will sooner or later be overtaken by time. So much for my opinion :-)

So to come back to the topic: Are there any other solutions or do you have to tinker something yourself based on layers? Somehow many of the formerly existing pages with (free) Xara modules or extensions seem to have disappeared or I simply can't find them anymore.

Thanks, TomTom

Default Re: Accordion solution for the year 2022 :-)

I absolutely am missing something here. But I think what you are searching for can be found in the Content Catalog.

Do you mean the instrument accordion or some type of template or document that expands like an accordion?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Content Catalog.png 
Views:	36 
Size:	89.4 KB 
ID:	132669  

Lightbulb Re: Accordion solution for the year 2022 :-)

TomTom, you will never get a "real accordion" in a Xara design as its whole premise is WYSIWYG. There will never be any dynamic change of the height of a page so you cannot have an unlimited tall FAQ - until now.

This approach uses one line of code: <iframe src='' name='accordion' width=100% height=100%></iframe>. This is added to a Placeholder. The rest is pure Xara.
    The one thing you may not be aware of is the ability to type anything into the Open link in: box. here we will need 'accordion'.

Each FAQ or pop-up text is a complete Xara page, so you are not limited to the normal height issues that a Layer affords. It can have any Web Animation, Sticky state (and its own layers).

IFRAME - Accordion.xar

I have made simple Text Columns as the Links to the FAQs.
    If they are outside the Placeholder they need to use Open link in: accordion.
    On any of the FAQ pages, they can be one of (accordion, Not Specified, Same Frame (_self)).

1. No Layers.
    2. One line of code.
    3. Complete Xara design at your fingertips.

It would help if you can describe which ones are "the many ancient playful no longer contemporary components"?

The same goes for those you think have vanished.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I absolutely am missing something here. But I think what you are searching for can be found in the Content Catalog.
    Do you mean the instrument accordion or some type of template or document that expands like an accordion?
    Gary, the only usable one is the Easy Accordion and you really have to hack into it to change it to your needs.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Gary, the only usable one is the Easy Accordion and you really have to hack into it to change it to your needs.
    Thanks. I was picturing one more like this: Lawrence Welk
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lawrence-Welk-494064856.jpg 
Views:	25 
Size:	142.2 KB 
ID:	132672  

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    Thanks. I was picturing one more like this: Lawrence Welk
    OK. As long as there are no music files!
    Do you need an extra finger for each page?
    And dancing teeth?

Acorn

Here is a Vertical Accordion using the method: IFRAME - Vertical Accordion.xar.

Acorn

Ah, so not need for the bubble machine. You probably don't remember Lawrence Welk. Very popular here in the US from the 50's to the 80s. It was pure schmaltz.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    Here is a Vertical Accordion using the method: IFRAME - Vertical Accordion.xar.

Acorn
    That's one glitzy and elaborate contraption you created, Acorn!

Quote Originally Posted by Boy View Post
    That's one glitzy and elaborate contraption you created, Acorn!
    Thank you Boy.

I hate the fact that Xara renders every character in a vertical alignment with its own separate Link.
    It is really just a set of Sticky link bars and blobs with Reveal animations.

With a Horizontal Accordion, you would have to given the open bar a link to a closed set of bars as the later ones may not be visible in a deep FAQ list.

It works across Variants but does not retain any knowledge of which bar is open.

Acorn