Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by ss-kalm View Post
    The icons should be different Acorn, Certainly at least 15 and 16 ... I don't have 12. on the desktop at least.
    However, don't forget that when Windows explorer shows icons, the icon is for the application registered to use that extension, not each independent version. So generally every .XAR or .WEB file will show the Purple V16 icon. That's the only one I remember being purple.
    It is not the file association icons I am concerned about; I understand that a file extension can only be associated to one application. No, it is the application icon itself. Currently, all three as the same icon. I have assumed that the icons are embedded in the executable and can not be altered by use.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Default Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Fix the bug that turns Text Lines into groups of individual characters. Seems to happen when the Text Line is grouped with a shape like a box, for example. Doesn't happen immediately. But after opening and closing the same document many times, building the project, it eventually occurs, and has been doing since I started using Xara over a year ago. Extremely disappointing.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim McBoat View Post
    Fix the bug that turns Text Lines into groups of individual characters. Seems to happen when the Text Line is grouped with a shape like a box, for example. Doesn't happen immediately. But after opening and closing the same document many times, building the project, it eventually occurs, and has been doing since I started using Xara over a year ago. Extremely disappointing.
    Jim, just opened and closed a file as you describe 10 times with no perverse happenings.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Lightbulb Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Dear Xara...

Xara HTML filter
    • Render Tables as HTML Tables with metadata for screen readers.
    • Render Bullets as HTML <UL> Lists.
    • Render Text as <DIV>, handling all Justification correctly.
    • Implement Names on text blocks properly and not into a blank <SPAN>.
    • Handle SVGs in the same manner as JPEGs and PNGs.

Acorn

A way to apply some fancy CSS gradients like those shown on GradientMagic website. Angular, striped, burst etc. Would be much lighter than using a png image gradient for example on large background.
    Last edited by gwpriester; 16 August 2019 at 03:00 PM. Reason: linked to GradientMagic site
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

Info Re: What is a major feature or improvement you would like to see in Xara?

Quote Originally Posted by xtom View Post
    A way to apply some fancy CSS gradients like those shown on GradientMagic website. Angular, striped, burst etc. Would be much lighter than using a png image gradient for example on large background.
    xtom, here is how I use GradientMagic linear gradients.

I add to the Website/Page HTML code (body), the following:
    Code:
    <style>html {
      height: 100vh;
      background-color: red; /* For browsers that do not support gradients */
      background-image:
    Immediately after the GradientMagic CSS, followed with a semicolon before " /* Standard syntax (must be last) */".
    And finally,
    Code:
    }
    </style>
    You need to ensure you have a Page Background else the gradient is applied over the full page.

Example: CSS3-GradientMagic.xar.

Acorn

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    @Rob-Xar, Preview rendering of Print document as PDF and not HTML.

Acorn
    Agreed. Good call.

Looks good acorn. That's another thing that reminds me and maybe already mentioned: update the default browser preview so it shows more up to date techniques like this.
    XT-CMS - a self-hosted CMS for Xara Designers - Xara + CMS Demo with blog & ecommerce shopping cart system.

+1

GradientMagic looks great! Thanks for the code Acorn.
    A lot of them don't tile nicely if your page needs scrollbars. With one more line of code in the <head> you can stop the gradients from scrolling
    background-attachment: fixed;