Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Mobile issues

Default Mobile issues

Hi everyone. This is the latest from my previous thread about the problem I encountered after I publish my work. Site is fine on desktop and tablet but when I view on phone the pages appear very small and and on the left side of the screen. Then they jump back to normal in a split second. It happens with all the pages . I test everything pasteboard, forgotten objects in background e.t.c but all seems fine. Is there something I missed or anyone ever encountered this problem? The link is : test1.skylife.me

Default Re: Mobile issues

I think i found what is the problem. With "scale to fit width" enabled, the page on mobile jump from left to right before it center itself. If i disable scale to fit width everything is fine. But this mean i can't use the option,unless i overlook the page dancing.
    Does this make sense to anybody or it just happens to me. If so, what i am doing wrong?

Quote Originally Posted by Andre7 View Post
    I think i found what is the problem. With "scale to fit width" enabled, the page on mobile jump from left to right before it center itself. If i disable scale to fit width everything is fine. But this mean i can't use the option,unless i overlook the page dancing.
    Does this make sense to anybody or it just happens to me. If so, what i am doing wrong?
    The best way to get this resolved is for you to create a fully cut-down version that has StFW set and the Variant is still jumping.

I think the payload of your website is quite large and it is still downloading assets before the JavaScript to centre the page has been reached.
    You have 16MB of assets overall and 6MB is downloading alone for the first page, taking up to 10 seconds.
    You only have to watch the NavBar in Main reposition itself after 2 seconds to guess that is the issue.
    Your Hero picture of the frying pan alone is 1.3MB.

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

I think the payload of your website is quite large and it is still downloading assets before the JavaScript to centre the page has been reached.
    You have 16MB of assets overall and 6MB is downloading alone for the first page, taking up to 10 seconds.
    You only have to watch the NavBar in Main reposition itself after 2 seconds to guess that is the issue.

Thank you so much Acorn for pointing me in the right direction.
    I will optimize the site and I'll post back with the outcome.

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post
    The best way to get this resolved is for you to create a fully cut-down version that has StFW set and the Variant is still jumping.

Acorn
    Thank you so much Acorn for pointing me in the right direction.
    I will optimize the site and I'll post back with the outcome

Back again with update. I have rebuilt the home page just for testing. The problem still there. Desktop fine, tablet fine. Mobile though open again as small on the left side of the screen and then jump and center itself. I've spent the last 3 days to find the root of the problem but I can't. The only way I can fix it is if I disable fit to page width on the export menu. But this mean I have to build a tablet variant and I don't really want to do that. My settings are 1440px - 720px and export 1600. Any help it will very much appreciated. It's only one page I tested with, so there is not any conflict with the size of the site.

Back again with update. I have rebuilt the home page just for testing. The problem still there. Desktop fine, tablet fine. Mobile though open again as small on the left side of the screen and then jump and center itself. I've spent the last 3 days to find the root of the problem but I can't. The only way I can fix it is if I disable fit to page width on the export menu. But this mean I have to build a tablet variant and I don't really want to do that. My settings are 1440px - 720px and export 1600. Any help it will very much appreciated. It's only one page I tested with, so there is not any conflict with the size of the site.
    Can't really help when your test site is now made with NicePage.

As it is now a smaller one-page sample, can you upload the design file?

Acorn
    Acorn - installed Xara software: Cloud+/Pro+ and most others back through time (to CC's Artworks). Contact for technical remediation/consultancy for your web designs.
    When we provide assistance, your responses are valuable as they benefit the community. TG Nuggets you might like. Report faults: Xara Cloud+/Pro+/Magix Legacy; Xara KB & Chat

Quote Originally Posted by Acorn View Post

Acorn
    Yes . Silly me. I've been trying different builders to see if I can spot the problem. This is a subdomain I use just for testing. I will post the link ASAP. Thank you Acorn for looking at my problem

Acorn
    Hi. Just send the link. It is the same as before. " test1.skylife.me " Thanks in advance

Hi. Just send the link. It is the same as before. " test1.skylife.me " Thanks in advance
    Andre, this is still of no use. I need your design file - XAR/WEB.

I have no issues with any of you sizing on a desktop browser. It still seems slow to load.

Acorn